Best SN 0W20 for mileage available in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I couldnt get the Ultra I was looking for.
What would be the best SN 0W20 for mileage available in Canada.
The Toyota dealer only has one type of 0W20 and the parts guy says it dosnt have moly, I dont if hes right or wrong really.
Thanks for the input.

Originally Posted By: Koz1

Thanks for the input.

When you say " for mileage..." what exactly are you expecting...?

Because the difference between one brand of 0w20 and another will be IMPOSSIBLE to measure...!

If you said... I'm gonna drop from 20w50 down to an 0w20... then, yes, there might be a measurable difference.

For the record, I just put M1 0w20 AFE in my Honda... has worked well as a winter oil, but my mileage seems, ummm , no different...:(

I don't know about price/availability in Canada but it's pretty hard to beat Mobil 1 AFE 0w20 in the 5 quart jug at Walmart.
It's a top of the line syn. 0w20 at a greatprice.

I tried M1 0w20 AFE in my Elantra wasn't great for mileage.

Over what? As already pointed out you aren't going to be able to reliably tell the difference between any 0w-20 in terms of fuel economy.

The Toyota dealer only has one type of 0W20 and the parts guy says it dosnt have moly, I dont if hes right or wrong really.
Thanks for the input.

No 0W20 will have any measurable mpg difference over another. If saving money is your primary goal, you'll see true savings going with whatever you can find on sale, especially for Canadians, where a 5L jug of 0W20 is priced north of $40 when paying reguar prices.

PQIA dosnt help me much.
So Toyota 0w20 maybe is it the thinnest?
Dosnt have a lot of Moly though.

Does it need it?

PQIA dosnt help me much.
So Toyota 0w20 maybe is it the thinnest?
Dosnt have a lot of Moly though.

Does not have moly? So? I think you can take any 0w-20 off the shelf and use with confidence. The formulations are all good. If there's no moly then maybe it was planned that way. Be brave. Pick the 0w-20 that's on sale. If the sale is a good one, pick up some extra. Now all you have to do is pick a filter.

Thanks for the input.

In Canada the best synthetic OEM 0w20 SN oil is TGMO. The parts person you spoke to is quite misinformed about its specs. TGMO has approximately 65-100ppm of the new trimer moly and a good dose of boron. Considering its ultra low kv40 of 36 and Vi of 216 it's a heck of a deal at $5 a litre.
Maybe try a Lexus dealer and work out a deal on pricing, might find a more competent parts person to!!

Thank You.
Ill try it then.
Where did you get your Mazda 0w20 with moly?

Last edited:
No worries.
I get the Mazda with moly oil from the U.S. Online is how I'd previously got it, but with friends in transport.....
wink.gif

Website is:
http://parts.arlingtonmazda.com

Enjoy the TGMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back