Best smelling oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a little odd topic....What do you guys think is the best smelling oil? And on a side note do the oil makers put a scent in their oils to make it smell the way it does?

For me I would have to say Valvoline is the best smelling oil..as for the worst I'd have to say Formula 1 by Shell...smells very harsh to me. GC has a unique smell of its own.

Now granted smell has probably absolutely nothing to do with how well it works.....

I'd be the weirdo you see slightly loosing the caps a slightly squeezing the bottle to take a whiff.

And yes it is a gray overcast day and I am VERY bored
freak2.gif

Goose
patriot.gif

Best I've smelled - Havoline synthetic, GC, & Maxlife synthetic

Worst I've smelled - Pennzoil dino
 -

p.s. I'm bored, too. That's all going to change in a few minutes, because I'm taking the family to the fair. woohoo!!!!

Some of you have failed to read the warning that 59vetteman has put out about sniffing oil. Board members are not allowed to get high on oil. If you fail to abide by this warning, you will be banned. On the other hand, you are allowed to taste oil.

Valvoline A/C is the best smelling.
Castrol is not too bad, and has gotten better with the reduction in moly. I'd say Valvoline is sweeter smelling and castrol more robust.

The oils with the highest Moly seem to smell kinda bad. The worst i've smelled was QuakerState.

In addition, the odor of an oil is also noticable when in the car and the engine is running (to me at least). That is why i dont like to use nasty smelling oils. I want my engine to smell good!

Diesel exhaust also has a rather pleasant odor, especially turbo-diesels in busses. (really)

Diesel exhaust is a slow killer with all the particles that can cause lung cancer. I prefer the fumes from burnt gasoline..

I love the delicate bouquet of a properly aged Group III lightly tainted with the tantalizing aroma of its full additive pack in the morning. It smells like ... slippery.

(Apologies to G. Patton)

[ April 22, 2006, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Ray H ]

I took a hit of AFL and it took the back of my head off.

ACD has a low aroma, while the Honda ATF smells like the offspring of little fellow above mated with a street walking cat.

i dont know about the best but some of the worst i think is motorcraft just smells funky.

MMO does certainly smell good.... havoline, pennzoil or some mobil 1.... they smell good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back