Best robot vacuum?

We recently moved, and our Roomba was damaged by the moving company in the move. We received some money to buy another, and I can't seem to come to a conclusion. We had an older Roomba that did an "ok" job, but beat the living crap out of our furniture. There are dents, scrapes, dings, etc. on all the walls and furniture legs where it "bumped" into them to turn around. Do the newest ones do this? I won't say that my budget is unlimited, but I am willing to spend up to $1k to get a decent unit that makes my bride happy. Right now it looks like even the newest Roomba S9+ still bumps into everything in its path...

We recently moved, and our Roomba was damaged by the moving company in the move. We received some money to buy another, and I can't seem to come to a conclusion. We had an older Roomba that did an "ok" job, but beat the living crap out of our furniture. There are dents, scrapes, dings, etc. on all the walls and furniture legs where it "bumped" into them to turn around. Do the newest ones do this? I won't say that my budget is unlimited, but I am willing to spend up to $1k to get a decent unit that makes my bride happy. Right now it looks like even the newest Roomba S9+ still bumps into everything in its path...

RoboRock

Look for lidar for the best performance. There are a lot of companies that are using lidar that are cheaper than Roborock,just depends on what you want.

my daughter, after I wake her up early on Saturday morning

We like Roomba's, have two of them, both models have the tangle free rubber roller brushes, one is really old now, still works, still hasn't needed a battery replacement and my wife makes these things work, Vacuuming every other day, has all kind of perimeters set up for each one, the newest is also wi-fi. They undock themselves and redock like clockwork on schedule.
No complaints and why we now have a second one, together they cover the entire first floor of our home. Sunroom, kitchen, dining rm, great room, foyer, master BR and Master bath.
Im sure there are other good ones and we are not brand loyal people UNLESS a device proves itself to be, for lack of better words, exceed expectations and outstanding service. Then there is no reason to use another brand, for us.
Regarding the older one, my wife did dog some maintain of course, standard replacement of brushes that kind of thing.

I got my wife a Eufy Robovac G30 Edge (made by Chinese company Anker) for Christmas.

It’s the first automated vac either of us have owned, and we‘ve had no issues with it.

I selected this model because its small (we’re in an apartment and we have a lot of stuff in here), but still has one of the best suction ratings.

It’s very quiet compared to the Roombas my sister has had.

It has sensors to help it avoid bumping into things. Sometimes it still does, but not hard enough to cause damage.

I cant believe how much stuff it picks up.

It’s easy to remove the dustbin and brush roll for cleaning.

It’s intelligent, you control it either with the buttons on the unit, or with your phone app, and it will memorize your house or apartment.

Having wifi is a requirement for operation.

We like it.

If you have a larger home, I’d suggest a larger unit with better battery capacity and larger dustbin.

This one was $199 plus tax. Looking at Amazon, they’ve gone up about $40 now. I’ve noticed that Amazon does that when an item is popular.

we have a shark, it does a good job with cleaning but the control app leaves a lot to be desired. it gets stuck in places and you are supose t be able to make "no go zones" but the bot just goes there and gets stuck anyway. look elsewhere.

I have two Ecovacs Deebots and they work great. One is a basic vacuum and the other is vac/mop. Highly reccomend Ecovacs.

don't get the ecovac if you have dark rugs or get dark shadows through your windows. Otherwise it works well (vacuum power, etc)

Back