Best recommendation for coolant for Hyundai 3.3L?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my new to me 2008 w/39k car, and it specs that ethylene glycol be used, I was looking at the prestone extended life and diluting w/ distilled water. The Hyundai stuff is $28 per gallon. It would make enough to refill the system (8.66qts) as I'm sure it won't drain dry.

It is under warranty, and every 30k, would you just pony up so a receipt could be had or use prestone without worrying?

what is the normal coolant change interval. 40k seems a bit low? if it is in good condition i would leave it in

I have a 2002 Sonata. I have been using Supertech antifreeze with outstanding results. Never had a cooling related issue in 110k miles. I change every 30k miles, just drain and refill. Stuff is always crystal clear.

Hyundai's only requirement is "high quality ethylene glycol," so just pick one and keep your receipt.

If you use Hyundai antifreeze, you will not have to flush the system. For me, that's priceless, as I hate flushing cooling systems as it's a messy and tedious process.

Prestone All Makes is around $10/gal, so you'll save about $20/gal. $20 isn't a lot of money even if you changed the coolant every other year.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
If you use Hyundai antifreeze, you will not have to flush the system. For me, that's priceless, as I hate flushing cooling systems as it's a messy and tedious process.

Prestone All Makes is around $10/gal, so you'll save about $20/gal. $20 isn't a lot of money even if you changed the coolant every other year.

I got a deal(?) on 1 gal of the genuine stuff for $20 out the door, plus a receipt showing I bought it for warranty. Pulled the draincock, got out 4qt of the 8.6 stated capacity. Cleaned out the overflow (was clean though), refilled, drove 2 days, pulled out another 4qt, refilled and considered it done for 30k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back