Best Product Reviewer?

I am a novice here but so far I think Sandro from Car Craft does the most comprehensive, objective and credible reviews. Pan and Jimbo are ok but seem more like infomercials. Miranda is simply not credible to me. Of course Mike Phillips is a pure Meguiars shill. Who is your favorite? Who do you trust to identify the best product? Thanks.

I trust myself after reading the reviews. Then do my own test.
We all know NuFinish lasts the longest, then there is Turtle Wax Ice paste and Meguiars Synthetic Ultimate Liquid.
I only want to wax twice a year, the spray stuff will never do it for me.

So what I did was put Nufinish on the hood of my wifes Mazda, Meguiars on the Trunk and Ice paste on the roof.
Ill know during the winter or spring which one lasts the longest. I expect of course the Nufinish but will chose the 2nd place winner for being safe for flat black plastic.
Now that I said that, I should have wrote down, other then the Nufinish on the hood.
The Ice is on the roof? and Meguiars on the trunk ?? *LOL* Well, its ok, have other vehicles to test as well...

I like how Apex Detail does the durability and other various tests on products. And how he does gloss and paint depth readings after using some products.

We all know NuFinish lasts the longest, then there is Turtle Wax Ice paste and Meguiars Synthetic Ultimate Liquid.

So what I did was put Nufinish on the hood of my wifes Mazda, Meguiars on the Trunk and Ice paste on the roof.
Ill know during the winter or spring which one lasts the longest. I expect of course the Nufinish but will chose the 2nd place winner for being safe for flat black plastic.
Now that I said that, I should have wrote down, other then the Nufinish on the hood.
The Ice is on the roof? and Meguiars on the trunk ?? *LOL* Well, its ok, have other vehicles to test as well...
I used to love nufinish but the new bottles that say made by "energizer" and not "reed union" are a different formulation and based the youtube videos I have seen are only lasting like 3 months

I enjoy Esoteric when I get the chance to watch him.

I watched the Apex Detail C4 corvette videos from start to finish. Great info on how to bring paint back to life.
I used to love nufinish but the new bottles that say made by "energizer" and not "reed union" are a different formulation and based the youtube videos I have seen are only lasting like 3 months
Hope they haven't ruined my favorite wax.....

Just watched 5-6 Apex videos. I agree Brian is at least on par or better than Sandro and appears to have deeper technical expertise. Very professional and informative.

There are plenty of products that last longer than Nufinish...you need to come out of the 70s and join this century...

Alex Detail is one of my favorites as well along with Waxmode, and Wilson Detailing. Dallas Paint Correction is one I've enjoyed for several years.

He's putting in a call to Dr. Tongue right now. I think he had a evil house of wax back in the day. Google it. LOL

There are plenty of products that last longer than Nufinish...you need to come out of the 70s and join this century...
Ummm .. maybe you should re-read my post. I am using THREE products, not just NuFinish. You may need to open your horizons like me, do your own testing to see which wax works best.
We all live in different climates, we all store our vehicles in different ways. So I think its pretty darn smart of my to do my own testing, more so after reading silly comments like your that add nothing to the conversation .
If you read my post = on my wifes Mazda there is Nufinish on the hood, Turtle wax ice on the roof and Meguires Ultimate liquid not the truck.

Three different areas facing up on the vehicle with 3 waxes. Its a no brainer, then you dont have to rely on so called "tests" or comments that dont add anything to the discussion.

Last edited:
Back