Best place to buy a GOOD but Affordable Espresso machine???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay away from espresso, Pablo. You're revving up a little high already.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Pablo,

Nice looking machine! I also have a saeco and am very happy with it. The best advice I can give is to clean it often to remove mineral deposits and purchase FRESH beans and grind them yourself with a burr grinder. If possible find a local coffee roaster that roasts the beans to ensure they are fresh. I usually go to WHole Foods market or the local coffee shop in town that roasts their beans to get my supply.

It's for the wife......that stuff would put me over the edge! (I will see if I can find decafe espresso beans)

Joe1 - which Saeco machine do you have? I had to bump up to this one because the lesser Saeco's and Gaggia's had aluminum boilers, I wanted stainless steel.

I'm actually excited about playing with this dangerous device!
smile.gif
I read Trader Joe's has a good decafe espresso bean....but local roasting, hmmm....better avoid charbux!

Topic: Best place to buy an espresso machine?

Italy! Take your wife to Rome, for her birthday and buy her the machine, she will never forget it!!!

If the trip to Italy, can't happen, how about Venice, CA?

Just a suggestion, not being a wiseguy.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The outfit gets back with me and says "the factory is having difficulty getting the machines" out...etc and other B pucky S...so I go on a mission to find one. Finally I call Saeco - this machine is now sold exclusively by......you got it: Costco! Someone was feeding someone, something.

The good news is it looks like it's cheaper there: $199!

You know - I'm really starting to get pizzed off. Now it appears they have cheapened up the machine(s) but I can't get a straight story. I wanted a stainless boiler - now they say this unit and the model above it has an aluminum boiler
128.gif
pat.gif
yet some store web sites say they are stainless....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back