Best place/price for TGMO 0w20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy it at the Toyota dealer. They were running a sale on oil a few months ago and I picked up a case for $5.99 a quart.

I have gottent it for 5.50$ Cdn at dealer.

Never used it, chickened out from all the reports of louder valvetrain noise so I skipped it. Sold it to a guy at school.

What? "all the reports of louder valvetrain noise"? That's a new one to me, where have you seen that?

Originally Posted By: Falken
Never used it, chickened out from all the reports of louder valvetrain noise so I skipped it. Sold it to a guy at school.

kschachn,

My car was newer back then and I read stuff like this:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2915215

I would probably give it a try now for an OCI over the Winter months if I didn't have such a big stash of oil I'm trying to use.

My car is nearing 5 years old, so I don't baby it as much.

If Buster with almost 30k posts said it is loud and he dumped it early, I take notice.

Last edited:
kschachn,

I would probably give it a try now for an OCI over the Winter months if I didn't have such a big stash of oil I'm trying to use.

If Buster with almost 30k posts said it is loud and he dumped it early, I take notice.

That's one biased poster who has largely taken back his claim vs the countless number of members who are using TGMO and say their engine has never run smoother or quieter.

Considering TGMO is the best 0W-20 value in Canada you owe it to yourself to try the oil and
form your own opinion.

Caterham, I think I will give it a try next Winter. My fill for this Winter coming up is already in the sump, QSUD 5W20.

I am getting a Gold Plug soon, so I will have it installed for my TGMO run, would be good timing!

Last edited:
I have gottent it for 5.50$ Cdn at dealer.

You missed out! It ran great in my Accord 2.4.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
kschachn,

That's one biased poster who has largely taken back his claim vs the countless number of members who are using TGMO and say their engine has never run smoother or quieter.

Considering TGMO is the best 0W-20 value in Canada you owe it to yourself to try the oil and
form your own opinion.

IMO, TGMO 0W-20 is the best 0W-20 on the market period.

I see TGMO on CL quite often.
There is some on CL Cincinnati ATM for around four bucks a quart, although the location wouldn't be too convenient for you.
There are some oil deals on CL Chicago ATM, but no TGMO and no 0W-20.

I wondered how low the guy would go on his TGMO, so I offered him $40.00 for his eleven quarts.
I've now added this oil to my stash for $3.64/qt.
This will be the '12 Accord's winter fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back