Best place/deal on Toyota WS atf? + 2014 Yaris service questions

Inherited a 2014 Yaris in 2018 with 3k on it. Was seldom driven, and when it was, it was short tripped in an urban environment. I've got about 30k on it now and decided I ought to change the filter due to the age. I drained/filled the trans pan a year or so ago.

What's the best deal on ATF WS?

I don't see many choices for AT filters for the yaris. The toyota OEM one is very expensive for what it is, but there is a WIX branded one for $13. What's the big difference?

Also going to do a dump/fill of coolant since it'll be coming up on 10 years soon. What do you guys suggest for that? OEM or is the Pentosin fine?

Thanks

IMO, at that mileage, I don't think you need to change the filter.

Does the transmission have dipstick?
Later model Toyota are mostly without dipstick.

There is no need to change the filter even after 200k :)

Maxlife is great stuff and widely available at Walmart for a good price. There is also Castrol Full Synthetic ATF, and sometimes the Castrol goes on sale. Otherwise, any LV multi ATF will be fine on your Yaris. Toyotas usually aren't picky.

Pentofrost A4 is good coolant, and so is Zerex Asian Red.

I've gotten good deals on Toyota atf at the dealership. chat them up and they'll discount it. Otherwise summit racing used to have good deals on 3309, etc; haven't checked lately. I'd be ok subbing maxlife for WS (but not for T-IV).

I think the 2014 is the pink and you can get it at auto parts stores now in Recochem and Pentosin brands. And yeah, skip the filter.

Back