Best Petrols & Diesels - UK

Hi All,

I am curious as to what you guys would say is the best petrol and best diesel in the UK.

At the moment I am using just Texaco or Shell regular petrol, and then Texaco regular diesel in my other car.

Any thoughts are welcome :D

Also, does anyone know how you can get the MSDS's of these fuels?

Hi All,

I am curious as to what you guys would say is the best petrol and best diesel in the UK.

At the moment I am using just Texaco or Shell regular petrol, and then Texaco regular diesel in my other car.

Any thoughts are welcome :D

Also, does anyone know how you can get the MSDS's of these fuels?
I use premium petrol from BP, Shell or Esso usually - if I am forced to use another supplier I'll try and use their premium if they have it. I avoid supermarket forecourts.

A Google search for "petrol MSDS" will yield results - here's one for example.
MSDS is a form required by OSHA, a US federal law, so You're out of luck on that one.
MSDS just stands for "material safety data sheet" which are used globally when shipping materials. Different countries/regions use different formats but there's nothing US-specific about them.

MSDS is a form required by OSHA, a US federal law, so You're out of luck on that one.

UK has safety data sheets.

That being said, it's going to be tough figuring out what is in anything since they can lump chemicals into extremely broad classes that protect trade secrets.

Just like most of the world, base uel in the UK is a fungible commodity. It's commingled with equivalent base fuel and also likely traded just like in other parts of the world. This is an interesting treatise on how to handle this sort of things. It mentions multi-shipper pipelines, including commingled "homogenous" liquids as well as "blended" (I believe this is called transmix). It's really about who who has title to the product after it's been blended together.

For the most part, fuel is fuel. I'd be surprised if it's anything different than what much of the world does, where the only thing that "brand" a fuel is specified additives.

Back