Best oils for 2 stroke watercraft, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been beaten to death, but Im posting this because I want to know different opinions and facts from people who have used every 2 stroke oil to begin with.

What oils should be used in watercraft, and what oils shouldn't be used?

Which oils offer the best protection and keep the engine clean?

If you had to choose one oil for a personal watercraft that is 2 stroked, which would it be?

To start, I have been very happy with the way amsoil interceptor is running in my superjet, and the mobil 1 2r ran pretty **** good as well. Injector oil wasn't bad, but seemed to be pretty dirty for a synthetic!!!!

[ August 10, 2005, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: HOndaGuy ]

I would have to say Amsoil HPI would be my choice. That said, however, I use Polaris Blue semi-synthetic in my Virage since it is easy to get at the dealer. It seems to work well.

I've been at this for many, many years. I'm no expert but I would consider myself well informed.
The easiest thing to remenber is that you should always use the TYPE of oil recomended by the motor manufacturer. the brand x vs. brand y arguement gets oo technical many times. Usually a good name brand is as good as teh next good name brand. If you want to take your knowledge to the next level I would suggest learning what key term mean. TCW-3, API-TC, JASO-FC ISO, low ash vs ashless, etc. There is no magic bullet, no secret formulas that do evrything for 1/2 the price. Marketing is different that fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back