best oil to use in an oil burner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks OVERKILL. so far with 1ow40 valvoline i havent notice any oil loss. so its doing better. and to clear up an earler statment the car isnt worn out. its in good shape. a lot of saturns use oil when almost new. i do think the mmo helped not solved but did help the issue. and the more i read the more i think that any oil thinner that 5w30 is just a bunch of bogus to get slightly better fuel mileage at the expense of engine longevity.

That is exactly what I did I ran 10w40 qs before so I have an idea of what it was using and I can tell you even though surprisingly I haven't drove a whole.lot the oil consumption is better. I would be 500 miles of unchanged untouched oil but I had to switch out the oil filter. Come to find out it was recalled . The one time I decide to use fram because it was on sale they are recalled. So I've gone around 300 and have no drop in oil yet. The oil is still ever so slightly below full probably a hairs thickness. 10w40 isnt that thick either I mean Its thicker but not incredibly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back