Best oil? Sorry, ive searched

Yes ive searched. Been in the diesel game for a couple years and boy have things changed with gas oil. I just bought a 2020 f150 with 3.5 ecoboost. What do yall suggest for oil in 5w30? Thank you all in advance.

The best oil is the one you change out by 5k and don't abuse while it's in your truck and it's on sale.

Super tech to high dollar oils will all do well, I use Shell RGT 5w30 in my 2013 ecoboost with a good (silicone ADBV) filter.

No such thing, period. Basically what it comes down to is what oil makes you feel is the best. For the most part any oil will suit your needs as long as it has the specifications. This site is very helpful for people that want specific info, but what it comes down to it anyone that changes their oils on a proper schedule will get the results that most achieve pretty much the same as most of the fanatics. Oil is the most over thought item I've encountered on line. Is it important? hell yes is, it that different some here and there maybe. All right come and get me

I’d go with M1 ESP with a quality filter, change every 5k miles. To add, I’d pump ethanol free gas if available.
Why, this is a dual injected motor, there should be some fuel washing the valves, any standard fare API SP/Dexos oil should be more than sufficient, no need to go out of the way to buy expensive Euro mid-SAPS oil.

Why, this is a dual injected motor, there should be some fuel washing the valves, any standard fare API SP/Dexos oil should be more than sufficient, no need to go out of the way to buy expensive Euro mid-SAPS oil.
Because...timing chain. Not all about keeping the valves clean. It's about keeping the soot out of the oil and off the timing chain.

Because...timing chain. Not all about keeping the valves clean. It's about keeping the soot out of the oil and off the timing chain.
Okay but isn't the soot primarily created from poorly atomized fuel getting superheated in an anaerobic environment not the lubricating oil so whether soot exists or not is agnostic to the oil choice.

I’d go with M1 ESP with a quality filter, change every 5k miles. To add, I’d pump ethanol free gas if available.
I probably should have put in multiple quotes. It was a response to the response.

Yes it has port injection to clean the valves, but if it was questioning the 5k change then that's what I was responding to.

So after you heard repeatedly there's no such thing as a best oil it might be interesting to hear
that an oil meeting the required approval and having low Noack isn't the worst you can run in a
direct-injection turbo, regardless whether it has single DI or dual injection. That's probably the
point of M1 ESP 5W-30.

So after you heard repeatedly there's no such thing as a best oil it might be interesting to hear
that an oil meeting the required approval and having low Noack isn't the worst you can run in a
direct-injection turbo, regardless whether it has single DI or dual injection. That's probably the
point of M1 ESP 5W-30.
M1 ESP 5W-30 isn't the correct grade though. There's a lot more to correct "grade" than just the SAE viscosity, Mobil 1 ESP has none of the specifications asked for by for it's not ILSAC and not SN+ or later.

M1 ESP 5W-30 isn't the correct grade though. There's a lot more to correct "grade" than just the SAE viscosity, Mobil 1 ESP has none of the specifications asked for by for it's not ILSAC and not SN+ or later.

I have no idea since the OP didn't mention any of them.

Okay but isn't the soot primarily created from poorly atomized fuel getting superheated in an anaerobic environment not the lubricating oil so whether soot exists or not is agnostic to the oil choice.
Aren't you in GDI mode 80+% of the time, = soot with a dual injected motor?

Back