Best oil on the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac

There were some cheaply made spouts that leaked no matter what. A good spout hardly ever leaked.

The cans got cheaper and then went to cardboard. If you mangled the top while inserting the spout then you were in for a mess.

I remember the cardboard side oil cans. You had like one chance of a good insertion wack with the spout openers or you went to a bottle can opener unless you wanted oil all over your driveway.

[Linked Image from a2k9n9p2.stackpathcdn.com]

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
You have to have one of them steel push-in spouts old timers used.

Hey, I resemble that remark.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by Hootbro

There were some cheaply made spouts that leaked no matter what. A good spout hardly ever leaked.

The cans got cheaper and then went to cardboard. If you mangled the top while inserting the spout then you were in for a mess.

I remember the cardboard side oil cans. You had like one chance of a good insertion wack with the spout openers or you went to a bottle can opener unless you wanted oil all over your driveway.

I used that a number of times. Truck was to borrow it out of the kitchen drawer and return it clean without telling anyone why I needed it.

Came across this on the local marketplace. Figured I would stir up some fun. Here's the rest of the can.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I used that a number of times. Truck was to borrow it out of the kitchen drawer and return it clean without telling anyone why I needed it.

That was what we used, the spouts leaked, always dripped after you use it, and were a pain to clean. Funnel and can opener was way easier. Put a hole on one side, and a small vent hole on the other.

Originally Posted by Red91
I dont know why they never just put a pop top on the cans, like they do with soda cans. 🤷â€â™€ï¸

They hadn't come out with those yet. Soda pop came in bottles. The cans started out in the 80's somewhere.

Originally Posted by spasm3
... Funnel and can opener was way easier. Put a hole on one side, and a small vent hole on the other.
Screwdriver without funnel worked just as well on most engines, and was way easier to clean and store.

I'm still using one of those bottle can openers for opening the homebrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back