Best oil for a low mileage JDM Subaru EJ20 engine?

Well, may as well ask.. Picked up a JDM engine, an EJ20 for the Subaru.. probably an EJ201. Has 36,660 miles on it. I could ask the installer, but I think he likes to put Pennzoil Platinum oil in engines, if I saw some jugs around correctly. Maybe maybe not.

So I should be getting the car back sometime this week...

If the oil starts to darken quickly (if) and I feel like doing an OC, what kind of oil would you use in it, and why?

Can't go wrong with PP. I usually do an eeny meeny miny moe between PP and QSUD. If he's using PP in his engines, it sounds like he knows oil and knows what he's doing(y)

Can't go wrong with PP. I usually either do an eeny meeny miny moe between PP and QSUD. If he's using PP in his engines, it sounds like he knows oil and knows what he's doing(y)

lol. I can for sure ask!

I wonder if i'll be able to get that old filter to 53' Stude.

Redline, of course. You know you want to.
Well, it's very pricey.

I'm thinking.. if the fill it leaves the shop with really is PP. I really want to stick a Roki filter on there at some point. I can get a Fram basic filter for like $3-4 and a Purolator for $5 but.. if it's running fine.. is there anything wrong with just running more normal oil, if and when that PP fill starts to get old? (I can attempt to ask what kind of oil went in.)

Back