Best oil for a HIGH REV NEON?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very confused. i've heard that the mobil1 is the best for an high rev neon which i currently own, i have many mods to it and im trying to keep it in good shape. now, my question is what's the best synthetic/non-synthetic oil to use in my 96 SOHC MTX DODGE NEON??
confused.gif
confused.gif

lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by hotneon:
I am very confused. i've heard that the mobil1 is the best for an high rev neon which i currently own, i have many mods to it and im trying to keep it in good shape. now, my question is what's the best synthetic/non-synthetic oil to use in my 96 SOHC MTX DODGE NEON??
confused.gif
confused.gif

lol.gif

Hi,

I think you want Redline.

If you want to stick with Mobil 1, 0W-40 or
15W-50 would be your best choices for heavily
modified engines.

cheers.gif

Jae

Amsoil 0w-30 would be my pick. A 50 weight oil is too heavy IMO for that engine. A well built synthetic in the 30wt visc range would be fine. Amsoil's 0w-30 has a HT/HS of 3.5. It's also a heavier 30wt @ 11.3 cSt. If your going the Mobil 1 route, stick with 10w-30 or 0w-40. Redline 5w-30 is an excellent choice too.

[ May 10, 2003, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: buster ]

I agree with buster. And as he said the Amsoil is thicker than the Mobil 1 . I haven-t yet bought into all the Redline hype yet for street use but if I were tracking a car I'd probably have to go with it.

Another option which would be for very few people and won't be highly recommended by oil experts would be to go with a 25% mixture of Mobil 1 15W-50 with 10W-30 (M1).

welcome.gif

quote:

Redline hype yet for street use but if I were tracking a car I'd probably have to go with it.

Another option which would be for very few people and won't be highly recommended by oil experts would be to go with a 25% mixture of Mobil 1 15W-50 with 10W-30 (M1).

Good point Al, a mixing is another option. I also havn't seen enough Redline UOA to really recommend it yet. On paper it looks great though.
cheers.gif

[ May 10, 2003, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: buster ]

Stay away from 5W30 non-synthetic oil!!!! Most Neons run on the 5W30 Dino oil at 3000 mile intervals tend to smoke alot buy 100,000 miles. Non-synthetic oil Schaffers, LE,Delvac, Cempeco.Synthetic brands I like Redline,Amsoil, NEO(570) and M1.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:

quote:

Redline hype yet for street use but if I were tracking a car I'd probably have to go with it.

Good point Al, a mixing is another option. I also havn't seen enough Redline UOA to really recommend it yet. On paper it looks great though.
cheers.gif

Look at "drstressor's" posting in http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002192

When you mix viscosities, you probably do not end up with what you expect...you certainly do not end up with the viscosity the average of what you mixed.

Ken

In oils that include little VII's you Even tho I'd still prefer not to mix, for flow uniformity issues.

It's teh VIIS that complicate things in multi-vis oils.

Luckily some multivis that are syn have almost no or just plain no VII's.

Still considering the most common mix is an attempt to achive a 40 weight why not buy a properly formulated 40 weight to begin with?

Fred...
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back