Best oil/ filter for 2013 Honda Accord 2.4L?

Again, if you can go 200K+ miles on 0w20 (certainly many have gone much farther), what are you trying to gain by using a 5w30 / 10w30?
Come on man I'm shootin' for 300K+!! Haha just kidding:D. I'm not recommending anyone divert from their USDM manuals, just sharing my experience. VTC rattle on 0W20,no VTC rattle on 10W30.

To the op, how are you liking the Valvoline synthetic? What's the current Valvoline offering,I haven't shopped their oils,I know they lost the "Synpower" name awhile back.

To the op, how are you liking the Valvoline synthetic? What's the current Valvoline offering,I haven't shopped their oils,I know they lost the "Synpower" name awhile back.
Well, the car stopped burning oil. Other than that, I have not had any issues or noticed any differences in Fuel mileage and such.

Looks like my 2011 Sienna has a service bulletin for the same issue. I have 57k on that car. But it is well past the power train warranty. Is there a way to get Honda and Toyota to replace these things for free or at a low cost? It's not my fault the engine is making this noise.

Good question. Imo service bulletins should be addressed for the life of the vehicle since it was a manufacturer's screw up.

I had a 1986 300ZX turbo I'd bought in the late 90s that started to have leaking fuel injectors. Nissan replaced all 6 injectors free of charge. My car by then had around 130,000+ miles or so on it.

Good question. Imo service bulletins should be addressed for the life of the vehicle since it was a manufacturer's screw up.

I had a 1986 300ZX turbo I'd bought in the late 90s that started to have leaking fuel injectors. Nissan replaced all 6 injectors free of charge. My car by then had around 130,000+ miles or so on it.
I’ll call my local Honda and Toyota dealership to see what they have to say. Usually, dealership make money off TBS from what I know.

Yeah idk Honda’s quality has been going down. I just got a recall notice about 2013-2017 Honda Accord being recalled due to the Drive Shaft Corroding. I wonder if 5w-30 would work in the accord. That start up rattle is really annoying
Honda is still great manufacturing company in comparison to others. Also, there is more to driver/owner variable not just to manufacturer. Just like you I'm inclined to believe that our CRV burns oil due to Mobil1 AFE; I tried to use EP version of Mobil1 twice but in vain, I got the same result; however, I haven't try another brand. We bought CRV brand new; again, on the other hand, my used Accord bought in May 2020 does not burn any oil, even Mobil; just weird!

All in all, we are very happy both vehicles and with little or no maitaince in $$$, i'm expecting they both will hit that 250K mile mark

Honda is still great manufacturing company in comparison to others. Also, there is more to driver/owner variable not just to manufacturer. Just like you I'm inclined to believe that our CRV burns oil due to Mobil1 AFE; I tried to use EP version of Mobil1 twice but in vain, I got the same result; however, I haven't try another brand. We bought CRV brand new; again, on the other hand, my used Accord bought in May 2020 does not burn any oil, even Mobil; just weird!

All in all, we are very happy both vehicles and with little or no maitaince in $$$, i'm expecting they both will hit that 250K mile mark
I brought the Honda Brand new (fresh off the truck. Literally still had the shipping paper and stuff on it when it arrived. Only had 2 miles) in 2013. I guess it just matters what engine you have? Idk. Ever since I switched to Valvoline 0w-20, I haven't had to add any oil. I usually check the oil level every 3 weeks (whenever I fill up). I am used to checking the oil on all my cars (except the BMW no dipstick :ROFLMAO:) every time I fill up. I used to drive a 98 Toyota Camry before the Accord (sold it in 2019 for $1,800 when it had 195k miles on it. Ran like a champ) that would burn oil. I would check the oil level in that car at every fill-up. Other than the loud rattle at cold starts, there have been no other repairs or issues on the Accord. Well, except the starter going bad at 36k miles. I DIY it using Honda OEM starter (around $300 I think). CVT fluid was changed at 52k using Honda CVT fluid (easy DIY). The next big thing is Spark plugs, ignition coils along with coolant, and again CVT once it hits 100k miles.

I brought the Honda Brand new (fresh off the truck. Literally still had the shipping paper and stuff on it when it arrived. Only had 2 miles) in 2013. I guess it just matters what engine you have? Idk. Ever since I switched to Valvoline 0w-20, I haven't had to add any oil. I usually check the oil level every 3 weeks (whenever I fill up). I am used to checking the oil on all my cars (except the BMW no dipstick :ROFLMAO:) every time I fill up. I used to drive a 98 Toyota Camry before the Accord (sold it in 2019 for $1,800 when it had 195k miles on it. Ran like a champ) that would burn oil. I would check the oil level in that car at every fill-up. Other than the loud rattle at cold starts, there have been no other repairs or issues on the Accord. Well, except the starter going bad at 36k miles. I DIY it using Honda OEM starter (around $300 I think). CVT fluid was changed at 52k using Honda CVT fluid (easy DIY). The next big thing is Spark plugs, ignition coils along with coolant, and again CVT once it hits 100k miles.
i'm not worried about small maintenance stuff, i'm also type of "diy" guy so i'm willing to do it. i'm checking oil level in both cars every weekend that's when I have time to do so. My both cars are produced in October 2016; however, CRV is labeled as '16 year model while the same Accord was selling for one more year that is why it is consider to be '17 model. Needles to say, they both share the same powertrain K24W and CVT

the only difference is the drivers; Accord is my daily driver, CRV my wifes; she is way harder on the car of course.

Mobil1 is $10. What source do you have to show that its worse quality than Farm ultra?
just go to YT and compare/contrast M1 filter with Fram Ultra/ XG and you'll see the difference;

XG Fram is the best filter for money hands down

Back