Best oil filter for 10k+plus oil changes- Fram Ultra, Mobil 1, NAPA Gold?

Best bang for the buck filter for 2- 10k syn oil changes without changing the filter (besides Amsoil). NAPA Gold, Fram Ultra, Mobil 1, etc. Thoughts?

Best bang for the buck filter for 2- 10k syn oil changes without changing the filter (besides Amsoil). NAPA Gold, Fram Ultra, Mobil 1, etc. Thought

I don't see how anyone can truly help you with this without knowing the engine and if you mean 20k on the filter and a series of two 10k OCI's????

What do you mean, for 2 10K oil changes? Are you doing 2 oil changes 10K apart? Or are you doing 2 oil changes in 10K miles? If the latter, why not change the filter at the same as you change the oil?
He means two 10K oil changes and leaving the oil filter on the engine after the first 10K OCI. So the same oil filter will be used again for another 10K ... for a total of 20K miles.

He means two 10K oil changes and leaving the oil filter on the engine after the first 10K OCI. So the same oil filter will be used again for another 10K ... for a total of 20K miles.
Correct. Taking the Fram Ultra and Mobil 1 filters up on that 20k mile claim they make. The NAPA Gold is a solid filter as well, receiving great marks after tear downs from extended drains(15k+ miles). The vehicle in question is a 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander with the 2.4. Currently uses about 2 make-up qts. per 10k miles.

Seems kinda cheap to me. I mean 10K between oil changes is long to begin with. If you can't afford to replace the oil filter, I hope that at least you remove and drain it when you do the second oil change so as not to contaminate the new oil.

Seems kinda cheap to me. I mean 10K between oil changes is long to begin with. If you can't afford to replace the oil filter, I hope that at least you remove and drain it when you do the second oil change so as not to contaminate the new oil.

Have you not learned that here on BITOG there is no such thing as being "too cheap." We NEED to squeeze every last penny out of a $10 oil filter or else we ain't done used it enough!!! 🤯

Napa gold isn't rated for 20k miles is it? Should probably go with the Platinum but the Ultra/Titanium is a better filter in that case.

Not recommended - don't disturb the gasket once installed. If someone is going to remove, drain and reinstall an oil filter, they might as well just install a new one.
Plus, the amount left in the filter is usually just a few ounces, considering only maybe 85% drains out even when changing the filter.

It’s why some manufacturers specify first fill amount and subsequent fill amounts.

Back