“Best” oil filter for ‘08 Honda Fit OR go to filters/filters to avoid?

Howdy folks. It’s probably my ADHD, but every few years I dig into BITOG and live here for a while, then when my interest inevitably wanes I just go by what I “learned”. Last time I was on here much, I concluded that the taller Subaru (dealer) filters were probably as good as anything for my ’07 Outback XT, anything German was probably good for my wife’s ‘13 turbo Beetle (although I’ve been running Fram OCODs on it since I got a deal on a six pack), and there is some particular AC Delco filter that is spec‘Ed and correct for my 13 Volt.

We are adding an 08 Honda fit to the stable tonight, a second car for my daughters to use. I have no idea what filters to get for it. I believe it has a real OLM system, not just a mileage marker, and I plan to change the oil when it says to change the oil. What filters are a good/great choice, and which ones should be avoided?

thanks, Doug

Cant go wrong with Honda.
Picking nits, are you talking blue Honda America filters or perhaps some other JDM/OEM filter? I am not up to speed on filters at all, but I’ve seen the blue Hondas advertised as Honeywell, which I believe is Fram? Are the specs different, or just the paint, (or am I completely off base ;^) ?

Picking nits, are you talking blue Honda America filters or perhaps some other JDM/OEM filter? I am not up to speed on filters at all, but I’ve seen the blue Hondas advertised as Honeywell, which I believe is Fram? Are the specs different, or just the paint, (or am I completely off base ;^) ?
Whatever you get at your Honda dealer. If it's good enough for new Honda's under warranty, they are good enough for a 14 year old Fit.

Yes, the maintenance minder on your Fit is a real OLM and not just a mileage counter :cool:

The Honda A02 is a Fram, so save money by using a PH7317 or TG7317. Either of those run to the computer-suggested OLM will give you a happy engine with no problems :)

Wix makes good filters, but the 57356 your Fit would use has a tiny media cartridge due to the bypass design they use. Also, their parent company Mann (who also owns Purolator) has started to cheapen some of the Wix filters to the inferior Purolator design.

Honda or Fram. ‘Nuff said. Keep in mind, there’s millions of Hondas parading around on bulk oil and whatever Champ or Chinese filter a quick lube installs.

Back