Best new oil containers/bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valvoline’s new jugs by far. A lot of thinking went into the design imo. They placed grip areas and a small indent at the bottom end just in case one had to lean way forward to pour or to use two hands. I like the clear overcap. You can see the foil seal without opening.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

Cheapest best... and D1G2.

third jasper engine in less that a year?!!!!!!!!!!
confused2.gif
crazy2.gif

Any correlation between the Cheapest best... and three engines in a year??????????
spankme2.gif

Originally Posted By: smithph
Any correlation between the Cheapest best... and three engines in a year??????????
spankme2.gif

Yeah, I see what you mean... but no.

The three engines in a year (it was actually 358 days, but who is counting...?) was all on Jasper. Engines 1 & 2 were approved warranty claims, and the engines were replaced. I'm on engine #3 right now.

Because of my unfortunate experiences, I'm going to continue to use an easily recognizable name brand oil... in the proper viscosity, of course... along with OEM filters with the Jasper engine, while it is still under warranty. Not sayin', just sayin'.

However, I have been running the $10.99 Harvest King full synthetic, in 5w-20 flavor, in the 2011 Fusion SE... and the $7.99 5w-30 semi-synthetic in the old Sierra... without any worries.

The Fusion is driven right at 25,000 miles a year, and I'm changing the oil in it every 5,000 miles (or 10 weeks).

Originally Posted By: wemay
I like the new Castrol quart containers...

Now that's hot........
20.gif

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

Cheapest best... and D1G2.

That's a darned fancy bottle for $10.99!

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot

flotool-funnels-fluid-extractors-siphons-05062mi-64_1000.jpg

The Helen Keller Special

I got one!

Me, too...quite handy! I've found that even the 5 quart jugs balance fairly well in it once I've dumped the bulk of the oil in.

I got one!

I bought one last week, too. Up until this point, I always bought 1qt bottles, so never really needed a funnel. For my upcoming OC, I got 5qt jugs, so I figured a funnel will help.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: wemay
I like the new Castrol quart containers...

Now that's hot........
20.gif

LOL, thought so too. Especially from that angle
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
..... snippet

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Edit by Sayjac, FloTool funnel pic excluded for repetition sake.

The Helen Keller Special

I got one!

Me, too...quite handy! I've found that even the 5 quart jugs balance fairly well in it once I've dumped the bulk of the oil in.

Good to know that someone besides me and Helen Keller find the Flo Tool Super QuickFill Funnel to be useful. Was beginning to worry.
56.gif
Price is right and made in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back