Best Motor Oil Choice For 2018 Nissan 370Z?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been very helpful, as I'm thinking of picking up a 370Z in the not too distant future- with three pedals, of course.

Originally Posted by MCompact
This has been very helpful, as I'm thinking of picking up a 370Z in the not too distant future- with three pedals, of course.

They are attractive cars, aren't they?

Having owned a few Z cars over the years, there is always that subtle pull...

Even the new pricing is reasonable. The trim is a little sparse on a base model in comparison to a G37, but up the ladder a bit shows a definite improvement. Get one before they cram in the Q60 engine lineup and the price goes up.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Garak
[Even the new pricing is reasonable. The trim is a little sparse on a base model in comparison to a G37, but up the ladder a bit shows a definite improvement. Get one before they cram in the Q60 engine lineup and the price goes up.
wink.gif

That's the plan; believe it or not my wife brought up the idea- she thinks I should have a true two-seat sports car- and I like the fact that it's a relatively simple car by modern standards. I've about decided on the Sport trim level.

They're really not hard to work on, either, all things considered, and at least, as we've seen, they have relatively liberal oil specification. Wear gloves when changing the oil filter especially when it's hot out, and even when it's cold out, even if you break a KY cold weather record.
wink.gif

I don't really understand why anyone would buy one new anymore, unless you got the stripper 30k version. The car is ten years old I'm sure there are tons of examples out there with 20k on them purchased by retirees and they hardly get driven.

If you can get a Nissan 370Z get one they are excellent vehicles to own I have had two other Nissan 370Z's before and they are reliable and dependable vehicles to own as long as you do all your general maintenance on time. They have great resale value and are wanted vehicles in the market. If you need any advice PM me. I can't wait to do the oil change on our Nissan 370Z!!

14633B78-6AB9-43B0-8BA5-84DA705ABAAE.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by edyvw
Originally Posted by mk6matt
Originally Posted by Nissanfan845
Please don't recommend using Motul products I do not like them and will not use them on this 2018 Nissan 370Z.

Motul is the only actual ester oil mentioned but you don't like it for some reason..? They actually make competition co-branded fluids for Nismo and it happens to be the recommended motor oil in GT-R owner's manuals, being a full Group IV/V oil.

What Motul is Ester technology except racing ones? Motul switched all their products to Group III.

the 6000 series was technosynthese but not "all the others" .

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
I don't really understand why anyone would buy one new anymore, unless you got the stripper 30k version. The car is ten years old I'm sure there are tons of examples out there with 20k on them purchased by retirees and they hardly get driven.

Absolute bargain for what you get and One of the last "real" sports cars with a correct ULC suspension.

Not that highly compromised mac strut "garbage". I'm kicking myself for not getting one before I retired Last Falll The Local Dealer had a black with black interior 6M S model for low 30's asking. And It aint stripped; Its got AC and power windows and radio - luxury items for a real sports car.

Last edited:

I can't speak for Vancouver or other larger centres, but here, it's the retirees driving the Infiniti version and the young people driving the 370Z version, often with silly mods and hard driving, though some of the kids are pretty good. Of course, it's not as popular with the young crowd as the Civic was or the WRX is.
wink.gif

I can't speak for Vancouver or other larger centres, but here, it's the retirees driving the Infiniti version and the young people driving the 370Z version, often with silly mods and hard driving, though some of the kids are pretty good. Of course, it's not as popular with the young crowd as the Civic was or the WRX is.
wink.gif

Yeah that's the problem,finding one that's bone stock,and that hasn't been beaten to a pulp. There's nothing I hate more than when people put goofy mods on these beautiful cars.

If you can get a Nissan 370Z get one they are excellent vehicles to own I have had two other Nissan 370Z's before and they are reliable and dependable vehicles to own as long as you do all your general maintenance on time. They have great resale value and are wanted vehicles in the market. If you need any advice PM me. I can't wait to do the oil change on our Nissan 370Z!!

She's BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love these cars in white. Every day I keep telling myself I'm going to buy one. I've been driving Nissan Z's since I was about 19. Once you own one,you become forever addicted!

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Yeah that's the problem,finding one that's bone stock,and that hasn't been beaten to a pulp. There's nothing I hate more than when people put goofy mods on these beautiful cars.

That's the thing. I can live with a good oil cooler. No, I don't want your weird wheels and hope you still have the OEM ones. No, I don't want your plastic, glued on door handle surrounds. I sure as heck don't want your lowering kit or your K&N cold air intake.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

That's the thing. I can live with a good oil cooler. No, I don't want your weird wheels and hope you still have the OEM ones. No, I don't want your plastic, glued on door handle surrounds. I sure as heck don't want your lowering kit or your K&N cold air intake.

And don't forget about the aftermarket carbon fiber interior trim kit,fartcan exhaust,Fast and Furious wing,and pink headlights. :p

You guys are funny.

The 370Z is begging to be modified. If I ever bought one I'd have an intake and full exhaust ordered before I left the dealer, with brakes and suspension following shortly behind.

Please don't recommend using Motul products I do not like them and will not use them on this 2018 Nissan 370Z.

Best Motor Oil Choice For 2018 Nissan 370Z? Except Motul products.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
You guys are funny.

The 370Z is begging to be modified. If I ever bought one I'd have an intake and full exhaust ordered before I left the dealer, with brakes and suspension following shortly behind.

Then you obviously bought the wrong car ...

Or you pretending to go racing.

Gee even my Rogue had quality and well tuned SACHS shocks and struts.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
You guys are funny.

Then you obviously bought the wrong car ...

Or you pretending to go racing.

Gee even my Rogue had quality and well tuned SACHS shocks and struts.

Or I like to modify cars to better suit my tastes...

That's perfectly within your right and some see a need or desire to do so. When I see a modded car offered for sale, I'm simply not a potential buyer. I don't even consider contacting the person, much less buy the vehicle.

I get that some definitely would want to do the brakes for tracking. I'm not particularly interested in purchasing someone else's mods or a heavily tracked car, and that's really not out of line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back