Best Motor Oil Choice For 2018 Nissan 370Z?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Garak
When I see a modded car offered for sale, I'm simply not a potential buyer. I don't even consider contacting the person, much less buy the vehicle.

As I watch car-related videos and I see people modding their cars, it reaffirms my concern for cars like this. Yes, some are modified properly and by competent people but then there are ones that the extent of tools someone has is a pair of pliers and a screwdriver or they include their trip to Autozone to buy a socket wrench set so they can work on their car (they own a Japanese-based vehicle and don't have 10mm or 12mm wrenches or sockets).

Why not just throw in some lubegard engine treatment - - - - - - probably much more moly and ester. Use it with a high quality syn.

If you plan to hold onto it long term I could see easily still see buying a NISMO or highly optioned car. The 370z isn't the fastest but it's still one of the most fun cars for $30-50k (if you can really drive). I'd also mention that if used low miles was in the picture, a G37 IPL can be had reasonably and all the depreciation has been paid by the last guy.

Agree 100%, better to find a low miles stock example with a geriatric owner selling it then some modded problem wagon that you need to use a magnet and paint gauge for a covered over vape vent.

Reminds me of a green 94 300ZX I'd looked at. It had some kind've jerry rigged aftermarket stereo,and every time I'd push the brake pedal,every light on the dash lit up.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
As I watch car-related videos and I see people modding their cars, it reaffirms my concern for cars like this. Yes, some are modified properly and by competent people but then there are ones that the extent of tools someone has is a pair of pliers and a screwdriver or they include their trip to Autozone to buy a socket wrench set so they can work on their car (they own a Japanese-based vehicle and don't have 10mm or 12mm wrenches or sockets).

I'd have faith in a good oil cooler install, but some of the things I've seen, yikes. At least the G37 doesn't quite have the market full of hokey mods that other vehicles do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back