Best monitor for the price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just receieved one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116008
$249, free shipping (when I purchased it on Saturday).

1400 x 1050 resolution and the font size is MUCH easier to read than the 1680 x 1050 wide-panels that I've seen.

I'm sold on this product. Hard to beat the price, picture quality, and ample resolution. I liked ViewSonic's VA1902WB product (1440 x 900 resolution). However, this one is clearly better.

fruit.gif

The prices are really coming down on LCD monitors. Just last year I paid around $250 for a 17" Samsung LCD (which I love, by the way, for its picture quality and high contrast and brightness). Right now you can get a 19-20" one for that price or less.

I, too have a 17" Samsung SyncMaster (715V) LCD. I love it, even with no special fine tuning with all the resources it has; just out of the box it's great...have been very dependable, too.
Got it for $215 at Newegg.

Just a humble lad in a humble shanty humbly writing about his humble non-LCD CRT-type monitor.

Samsung...SyncMaster 955DF

19-inches diagonally but actually 18-inches true viewing area. Rated pretty high at several sites and quite affordable when purchased on sale three or so years ago.

Yeah, it's no neato LCD but.... according to the label still stuck to the monitor's thigh....

this baby has.......

"super pigment phosphors"

You heard it here. I'll say it again:

"SUPER PIGMENT PHOSPHORS" you mere mortals.

Go play with your LCDs and fancy schmancy HUGE CRTs and various other monitor-types. You ain't gonna' be running with the BIG boys unless you be havin'

SUPER PIGMENT PHOSPHORS

Actually flat panels still haven't caught up to the best CRTs in the areas of color fidelity, grey level shading and video. It isn't all about contrast.

I have yet to see a new flat panel model that betters my trusty old Mitsubishi 930SB.

Unfortunately, CRTs, both for monitors and televisions, are now an endangered species. One can only hope the flat panels continue to mature.

The total pro's of flat panels now outweigh the total pro's of CRT's. I've used many CRT's and I can't really say color fidelity (especially lasting color fidelity) was a ever a plus for any I have touched.

The fact the new LCD's are in the steep cost downslide (with shopping and rebates the no name 17" LCD's are under $100!!!!) makes 18 pounds vs. 50 pounds a no brainer. SUPER PIGMENT PHOSPHORS or not.

Found some info about the Samsung SyncMaster 730BF but it don't make a licka' sense to me:

" Punkti suurus 0,264 mm
Maks. resolutsioon 1280×1024
16,2 mil. värvi
Energia säästmisrežiim Energy Star, NUTEK
Täiendavad omadused: Sisseehitatud adapter, Funktsioon MagicColor, Funktsioon MagicTune, Funktsioon MagicBright²
Eredus 300 cd/m²
Kontrastsus 700:1"

That "Funktsioon" word caught my eye.

Makes me think of disco droids back in the mid- to late- 1970s.

But, nooooo......

Nuthin' funky about Funktsioon.

Prodding the Google thing I find Finnish sites.

I knew a finish carpenter once and he could apply the cabinets and trim pieces to a new house in a jiffy.

But..... Funktsioon is nuthin' fancy such as those wondrous

SUPER PIGMENT PHOSPHORS

nope.

Funktsioon (function, function symbol)

and the link I found that had had nary a fine Finish filly frolicking finely in a teeny weeny bikini in sight. Lotta' good my

SUPER PIGMENT PHOSPHORS

are if there ain't nuthin' worth looking at.

I will declare, though, that Rex the Wonder Lizard and the unearthed boulder came across in a wondrous

SUPER PIGMENT PHOSPHOR

manner.

You betcha'.

I wouldnt get it as the response time is 8m. I was told on these monitors that it should be no more than 4m or less. they talk about ghosting and bet this is whats causing that fuzzyness at higher resolutions. so look for one thats 4m or less.

Demoted.

No longer considered to be a real one-of-the-crowd planets.

Pluto.

Now a planetoid vice a full-fledged with all the perks that accompany being a planet.

My inner essence tells me that if Pluto contained

SUPER PIGMENT PHOSPHORS

that a full-fledged planet it would remain.

Still, the question remains.... all those years of public schooling and being told Pluto was a planet..... why did they lie?

They lied to us!!!!!!!

How many other lies were thrown at us innocent childern?

A travesty.

Not the Pluto-planet-planetoid fraces... the lying to little kidlets.

Shameful.

I have to agree with Volvohead.

I additionally find LCD's unpleasant to look at, refresh rates are low.

A trinitron tube running @ 120Hz is unbeatable

CRTs are too hard to live with.
Too big.
Too much heat.
Too many adjustments to get them looking right.

I'll take an LCD any day, but you have to get a good one.
All LCDs are not created equally.

My new SONY Bravia LCD TV is beautiful in HD.
I can watch the most inane show and it's mesmerizing.
smile.gif

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back