Best-looking oil bottles/labels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Chevron blue and Motorcraft red. And Pennzoil yellow and QS green...

I guess I like all of 'em
smile.gif

Of recent note, I like the new M1 bottles compared to the old clunky squared-off ones...but I would actually prefer if M1 came in the old style "Drive Clean" / "Superflo" bottles. Kind of a streamlined thing going on there.

Now if they had the Green GC in the clear QS bottles..... mmmmmm, Lovely

I thought the 1 qt Penzoil Syn were neat also.
I do like the blue color of DuraBlend bottles though.

I hate oil containers that look like they contain something marketed to children. Havoline 5 qt jugs with the dorky race-car on the front come to mind. Motorcraft, Valvoline, Chevron, Rotella, and Mobil are all cool. My favorite was the old valvoline with regular shaped bottles. Castrol dino looks goofy as does their 15w40 with the retarded stick-figure of a truck drawn on it.

Pentosin has some of the nicest classy looking containers.

quote:

You're absolutely right GR! My apologis for the 'toe-stepping'!

It's all good brother. It's nice to have a nice light thread like this for a change. I'm starting to get tired of all the M1 threads.

I just wanted to say that I agree with hominid7; that the Havoline bottles with the old fashion car on front is lame looking. I still plan on trying Havoline though; it's just that I'm going to try it with their regular bottle.
wink.gif

Valvoline really turns me on with the big red and blue V. But when you put the bottle next to the Havoine bottle, that black Havoline bottle just looks more manly... LOL

ide say, pennzoil platinum, has the most attractive bottle, shiny looking!! mobile1's bottle looks like it is literlally, carrying a string oil in it, plus how the bottle is shaped!
pennzoil's truck and SUV bottle is UGLY! castrol's GTX and valvoline's are white, hinting it might be a boring oil. the supertech's at our walmart,look interesting though.

We've had posts on the best-smelling oil, now, what do you think is the best looking oil bottle or label?

I really like the green QS bottle color, I find a very pleasant, not too irritating color. Another one I like is the silver Formula 1 bottles Canadian tire uses for its oil. Even though we don't see it much up here, another one I like is the Formula Shell oil bottles - their orange 'shell' graphic looks good on the bottles, I think.

Many on here are irritated by the searing yellow of the Pennzoil bottles; I'm on the fence on that one. I think it is a cheerful, distinct color; but I agree it gets repetitive on EVERYTHING! Also, their blend bottle and high mileage oil bottles are almost the exact same color! You can hardly tell them apart at first glance! It's silly not to differentiate your products more....

The worst? Tech 2000 by Wal-Mart. Graphics and colors straight outta the 1970's. Your Super Tech bottles down south are MUCH nicer. Ditto on 'Autolab' oil at C-T..but then, at that price what do you expect? I just think grahics programs and printing are so cheap these days that there isn't really any excuse for bad or non-existent labellng....

Other thoughts?

The neatest bottles were the old SL Pennzoil Synthetic with the built in handle in the quart bottles. I saved some of them for mixing and pouring.

But according to my personal bias, I like the Valvoline bottles. Nice array of color, white, red, blue, and platinum bottles to differentiate the brands. The oil treatment bottles (MLEP AND VSOT) are nice too, but could use the vertical level indicator.

Pennz Plat is eye catching but for some reason I really like the looks of Chevron Supreme even though it is non-existent in these parts

Goose
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by GoldenRod:
the Havoline bottles with the old fashion car on front is lame looking. I still plan on trying Havoline though; it's just that I'm going to try it with their regular bottle.
wink.gif

I agree, the plain bottles are the way to go
wink.gif

I remember long ago when Havoline and Motorcraft bottles had similar "printed on" lables instead of decal ones. I've always been curious if that was just a common bottler between the two or was Motorcraft once opon a time made by Havoline?

quote:

Originally posted by ocrstar:
I like elf. Great oil too.

I agree, ELF is good stuff.

I like the ELF and Pentosin brake fluid that comes in the aluminum containers. If oil was sold like that in aluminum containers i'd buy it for sure. I dont know why, but something draws me toward conservative and nostalgic packaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back