Best looking Fighter Aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like the warthog. its a very pratical looking plane. i like practical things.
 -

http://www.midwaysailor.com/photos/thunderbolt.html

The new Raptor.

I love that picture of the Tomcat flying just above the water. My step dad used to work for Grumman as as engineer for the Tomcat.

I know the thread asked for the best looking fighter jet, but I really love the SR-71 Blackbird.

-

I worked with a guy that flew on B17 missions...I think he was a tailgunner. He was a really funny guy...used to talk about how cold it got at altitude. I guess they had a brass tube you could use to relieve yourself.......he said you had to be really really careful you didn't get frozen to it! The things you never think about....nor want to!

I used to work across the street from where that SR-71 photo was taken. I am one of a rare few that got to see the USAF SR-71 fly during it's 1 year of un-retirement during 1996, it was re-retired in 1997. I believe NASA is the only ones who still flys it. in fact the "world's fastest woman" is one of dryden's SR-71 pilots.
think about this; take off from southern california, fly up the entire west coast, turn east at canada, fly south over idaho, utah, and nevada, then land back in southern california only 90 minutes later!

Big O Dave:

That gun isn't mounted on that plane...that plane is mounted on that gun.

That 30mm cannon makes a real distinctive sound when fired. Also neat to know that the gun (for many reasons) must be fired in bursts. One big reason is that is effects the plane so much when fired.

Hey how did you get a picture of my Deer gun.
grin.gif

Years ago "Wings" did a show on the A 10 in Gulf War I or DS. They had actual footage and interview of a A10 landing the took over 220+ hits with some very large holes. The tank killing footage was very impressive to say the least.

I worked on the F14 and EA6B, I love them big, bad, and loud. My dream is one day to see an SU-27 doing its thing:

-

And another, I really dig the wacko white nose, light blue body, red letters, and green trim.

EDIT - Its a rare bird that looks good even sitting on the ground.

-

English Electric Lightning, blew everything away in it's heyday. Two engines on top of each other simply awesome. F15 best from U.S, but SU37 doing a 'Super Cobra', a backflip or a Kulbit (somersault) is impossible to beat.

hmmm...
--F-35 JSF is nice
-F-14
-F-4
-I have always liked the A4 sky hawk to, those were my favorite blue angles planes
Dose any one remember or ever know about the Japanese cartoon called Robotech? they had F-14 looking planes that converted into robots now those would be cool:)

My pics:

F-14 Tomcat (The Navy will regret axing this)

F-15 Strike Eagle

Fairchild A10 Warthog (Eyes of the beholder, ie infantry in need of close air support asap, to be axed too)

Su30

Attached are pics of USAF F15's playing with IAF (India) Su30MKI over Gwalior during excercise COPE India 2004.

Note the rather giant size of the Sukhoi vs the F15...and both aircraft versus the le petite Mirage 2000 over the Himalayas.

-

-

-

-

-

Is that SU30 the variable nozzle version of the SU27? Man that thing is huge, I love those pictures.

Here is another cool one, an A-5 Vigilante. I never saw one in flight, but I remember there was one at the Navy air school in Memphis on display.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back