Best Jobber Filter?

Filters typically used in a quick lube service business.
I'd add, many independent shops too. So, commercial use.

One of the problems here is, what's shown in the pics and description may not be what the OF actually is currently. Things change quickly, especially with the jobber level. Coo and who makes the filter could well be different. As mentioned, the Champ filter shown, has a Fram base plate design, not Champ. If true the internal construction will be like Fram, not Champ. So, I think @spasm3 is on to something with his comment.

Seeing what the filters are in reality would tell much more. That said, if one searching the bottom tier of OFs, can't and shouldn't be all that picky.

I'd probably choose the Champ based on the picture (which may or may not be accurate). That Champ looks like a Fram design that's not too old and the problem I've had with Rock Auto filters is that sometimes they are very old. A few years ago I bought some filters advertised as Wix made which turned out to be K-Mart 'Penske' filters that were made in the early 1990s....many had rusty base plates. Wix probably did make them . OTOH I've gotten decent 'Champion' filters on RA 'Closeout' a couple of years ago. RA is a crap shoot for oil filters especially those on 'Closeout'.

I reached out to Wix regarding a part # from the FVP line. They replied saying that it is an “open priced product” that carries an efficiency of 95% at 29 microns.

How does this compare to other products in the price range?

I reached out to Wix regarding a part # from the FVP line. They replied saying that it is an “open priced product” that carries an efficiency of 95% at 29 microns.

How does this compare to other products in the price range?
Not bad.

I've always seen Champ and their private labels (Supertech) at 99% at 30.

I get the point of increased efficiency for top tier extended service filters, but is any evidence available to indicate reduced engine life or other problems with jobber filters (assuming they are replaced at every OC)?

They say 96% efficient, but don't say at what micron size.
I reached out for clarification.

However, I think we are in for a significant price increase. PTL10332 might be from the new lineup is $4.xx from rockauto. At those prices, there is little reason to buy a jobber filter.

I would expand your pool to $4 filters, this will include a lot more options than the garbage listed here.
Most modern engine oils are very good, but only as good as the filter you pair with it. Choose wisely.

Champ or Chinese Premium Guard/Prime Guard. There’s millions of cars who only see service with bulk oil and a Champ-made filter from a quick load.

I mean, how many cars are on the road today that have nothing but jobber filters installed, all the time? Probably most cars. Unless going to a dealership for an oil change, the quick lube places are pretty busy.

I mean, how many cars are on the road today that have nothing but jobber filters installed, all the time? Probably most cars. Unless going to a dealership for an oil change, the quick lube places are pretty busy.
I drive by a Zippy Lube every day on my way to work, they always seem to have a car or two in the bay areas and a lot of times cars waiting. I use to frequent the place but usually brought in my own filter and oil.

I cut one open a few years ago.

Back