Let’s assume 5k interval.

1) Champ PH2867, $1.60

1E2269FB-4611-4D68-B8E1-05747652565D.jpg

2) FVP R7356, $2.33
51219327-BEA8-4368-A46D-83AE5FB57E6B.jpg

359CEBB4-17B3-43EB-B15A-5B0D15A0EAC3.jpg

3) Pro-Tec 763, $2.53
8E667F51-09CC-4B4C-8F20-837C60330509.jpg

They're jobber filters, bottom tier, who knows. The pictured Champ actually looks more like a Fram. First Brands owns them both now so 'could be.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The FVP pictured is made by Wix, and they 'list' standard Wix 'label' beta data. So is that what you'll get? I doubt it. More likely it will be Protec. IF it is though that would be the best of the three imo. Again, I doubt you'll get that.

Protec, Wix jobber. Hit or miss.

Shot in dark, pick one.

the champ

Purolator has too many quality issues, and the Pro-Tec cheap Wix line is starting to become Purolator after Mann took over.

Champ is likely to be better quality. You can't necessarily go by the stock images because they may have changed since the pics were taken :sneaky:

Imagine that, one bad experience and scarred for life
It uses a Nitrile valve and not a Silicone one. This caused the oil to drain back and the timing chains to make noise on start up in my motor.

Ford now calls for Ecoboost engines to only use silicone valve equipped filters as the Nitrile ones don't deal with the heat that these oils run at in turbo motors, and that causes the valve to fail.

So no, I'm not scarred for life, I'm just using the right filters.

Man, take a look at this situation from the 40,000 foot view. We have a product that is assembled from 3 or maybe 4 raw materials, engineered and assembled to tolerances of thousandths of an inch and packaged up. Then transported around the country from a manufacturer to a wholesaler and it sells retail for a $1.61. In this day of a 5 dollar cup of coffee,50k cars, 500k home prices,even if it's a close out and somebody's losing money,somedays we dont have much to gripe about.

I personally like Wix & Purolator personally.. But I managed a quick lube for a long time and we used Champ made Filters never an issue.. I used them on my truck at that time as well.. now I prefer, Motorcraft or Wix.. which I know is Mann & Hummel

It uses a Nitrile valve and not a Silicone one. This caused the oil to drain back and the timing chains to make noise on start up in my motor.

Ford now calls for Ecoboost engines to only use silicone valve equipped filters as the Nitrile ones don't deal with the heat that these oils run at in turbo motors, and that causes the valve to fail.

So no, I'm not scarred for life, I'm just using the right filters.
I didn’t know that fits now calls for silicone instead of nitrile. We use filters with nitrile adbv in filters; I’ve cut hundreds open from eco boost fords. Haven’t saw any issues. Can’t say I’ve noticed noise or rattle upon start up. Thanks for the note bout ford calling for silicone adbv

Back