Best "high mileage" oil to stop leaks...

I decided to purchase my sisters 2000 Ford Taurus (Vulcan OHV) with 207K miles. It has been at our house now for about a week and I noticed a few oil drops on the ground. I don't believe my sister ever had to add oil between oil changes so I don't think this is a large leak, and from the size of the oil spots (maybe a square inch) I'm not that worried. I would however like to keep the ground clean and oil free as oil spots on the ground are unsightly.

I haven't searched for oil in quite a while as I use PPPP exclusively in the Accord, and OEM VW/Audi 508.00 in the Jetta. So, is there any oil currently available that actually slows or stops small oil leaks, something in the "high mileage" category perhaps?

I know there are lots of claims by the oil manufactures, but I'm looking for actual success stories and what oil worked for you. Currently I am leaning to Super Tech high mileage 5w30 (synthetic if they have it) simply because it is cheap. This car will be a beater so not looking for the best of the best so to speak, but if a higher priced oil would do the trick, I'd pay the price. The oil would likely be changed every 6 months to 1 year depending on how much it gets driven, but I need to read up in the owners manual to see if there is any reason not to go a year on the OCI.

Thanks in advance!

For Florida climate I would try a variety of high mileage oils in 10w40 or 15w40. I have had success with valvoline maxlife semi syn but it doesnt appear as though 10w40 is all that common in it anymore. In your case i would just try different things and hope you find an ad pack that specifically suits your vehicle if at all possible.

For Florida climate I would try a variety of high mileage oils in 10w40 or 15w40. I have had success with valvoline maxlife semi syn but it doesnt appear as though 10w40 is all that common in it anymore. In your case i would just try different things and hope you find an ad pack that specifically suits your vehicle if at all possible.
Napa has 10w40 and even 20w50 high mileage in their brand which we all know is made by valvoline, if you can catch it on sale.

Napa has 10w40 and even 20w50 high mileage in their brand which we all know is made by valvoline, if you can catch it on sale.
Ashland seems to insinuate that the additives between Valvoline and Napa oils aren't identical but I'm not sure how much I buy into that and I trust and use both frequently. The may napa sale in the sales catagory here has some oil for, IIRC, 2.30 a quart.

Ashland seems to insinuate that the additives between Valvoline and Napa oils aren't identical but I'm not sure how much I buy into that and I trust and use both frequently. The may napa sale in the sales catagory here has some oil for, IIRC, 2.30 a quart.
Right now my local store has the high mileage oils (3000 N MLK BLVD Muncie, 47303) for 2.99 the national price at most stores seems to be $3.59 right now, it looks like they have free shipping without a minimum too, so if the OP wants to order some right now just find the Muncie, Indiana store and select it when he goes to order unless someone knows a cheaper store. I tested the shipping, I thought they had like a $35 or $50 minimum but I only added 5 quarts to my cart which is under $15 and started going through the checkout process and free standard shipping was available.

As for HM oils . Max life or Mobil 1 HM is the king of hm oil for a longest time .

hm oil is only stop or slow down a minor leak . That is mabe drop 2-3 drop over night . If you park your car and you can see the oil drip , go ahead and fix the leak the right way .

My 2002 Ford Ranger has an oil leak.
Looks like it's the Rear Main Seal.
I've tried a couple H.M. Oils with NO success.
I park in a garage with a Drip Tray underneath it.
I usually stuff a wad of paper towels between the engine and transmission.
It would be an easy fix if the Transmission was out.

For now, I check the oil level Weekly and add 1/2 Qt. every 3,000 miles.

Back