Best GREASE for my ZTR mower spindles and chassis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably specs lithium grease? That's typical for mower spindles, etc.. To me, any name brand will do. The key to deck spindles is to clean them off, remove any wound-around debris and hit them with a little bit every so often. Don't over-grease forcing grease out and making a mess of everything around it, including $$ belts.

Joel

agreed with not wanting to over grease. i owned a landscaping co for 7 years and always used valvoline ep rated grease, never had 1 bearing go. That was on 2 ZTRs and 2 walk behinds all of which saw over 20 hours use per week for 30+ weeks per year.

Seem like everyone says Lithium but what about Pennzoil® Premium Wheel Bearing 707L Red Grease, suppose its overkill but like everything, it was more than the lithium so I spent the extra, ok to use?

BTodd,

The 707L seems to by a standard lithium complex grease, suitable for high temperature applications (disc. brake wheel bearings) and EP/extreme pressure - chassis lube use.

http://www.pennzoil.com/products/greases/index.html

Maybe someone will chime in here to compare it's spec. sheet to others to see how it stacks up.

It should work excellent. Somehow, many people associate grease color with better quality.....red, green blue, whatever. It just isn't so.

My Father's John Deer ZTR calls for a poly-urea NLGI 2 grease. Color is has nothing to do with quality. Any good name brand grease will do for this application with proper maintenance. Just do not mix poly-Urea and Lithium grease. Use one or the other - not both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back