best for the engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DGXR
No need to run boutique oils (Redline, Amsoil) if you're only doing 7,000 miles per year and changing it every year. Any name brand synthetic and most synthetic blends will work nicely.

Yes and for 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of boutique oil without even looking very hard.

Originally Posted by avi1777
i have access to the oem filter only here but if i will be able to order one from ebay what would you recommend?
tnx

anything spun microglass. Most paper filters in the past have spec'd a max of 3 mos interval, they no longer do so but the filters haven't changed, only the morals of the marketing dept's has. Don't believe me, cut open a paper filter at 6 mos and see the condition. I cut open all my filters for nearly ten years, I havn't recently because after cutting a Royal Purple filter open at 1 year, and 14 mos, and another at two full years, you will see spun microglass simply does NOT degrade. Furthermore they filter better and flow better, well that is until that paper filter blows a hole from stiff media and no longer filters for a [censored], then paper flows great.

List of spun microglass filters, Royal Purple, Amsoil EA, Wix XP, and Fram Ultra seam to be the most popular.

Part spun microglass still better then 100% paper would be your m1 type filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back