Best Fluid Extractor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. *POSSIBLE* progress with the Focus. Maybe, just maybe, i can suck the old fluid up (soem of it, most of it, as much as it will get when its hot, etc) through the trans fill tube. IF i decid to go this route to shy away from the "Trans return line," what is the best fluid extractor?

Also, im going to lok for the PCV Valve. Its either "Face the engine as you open the hood.
Under the exhaust manifold to the right is the PCV valve. The rubber elbow on the line often fails and leaks" as mechtech said, or its here..

pcv.jpg

There MIGHT be hope for this car. it runs well, except for this stupid trans.

Now. About those fluid extractors. Name them!

Mityvac 7201 is one of the best, it is both extractor and dispenser and good capacity of about 9 quart(8.8 liters). I had one for 8 years and still working great.

It's a little expensive at $82 from Amazon, but it can be used for many jobs such as oil change, brake flush, ATF, PSF ... After using it for 4-5 jobs you will feel that money well spent.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Mityvac 7201 is one of the best, it is both extractor and dispenser and good capacity of about 9 quart(8.8 liters). I had one for 8 years and still working great.

It's a little expensive at $82 from Amazon, but it can be used for many jobs such as oil change, brake flush, ATF, PSF ... After using it for 4-5 jobs you will feel that money well spent.

+1 on this. I love my mityvac. I'm a little choked that my new car doesn't have a dipstick though. You won't regret the mityvac.

go to a good hobby shop. and look at a du-bro fillin station, cat. no. 908. it is a hand crank pump. buy some small fuel line. you can use it with just tubing, or put a clunk on the end, a clunk is a small metal round piece that is at end of the tubing. it may not fit all metal tubes.

Originally Posted By: morris
go to a good hobby shop. and look at a du-bro fillin station, cat. no. 908. it is a hand crank pump. buy some small fuel line. you can use it with just tubing, or put a clunk on the end, a clunk is a small metal round piece that is at end of the tubing. it may not fit all metal tubes.

I have one of these. I use it for pumping gasoline out of my outdoor power equipment in the fall. It takes a fair amount of pumping to get a pint of gas out of a lawnmower gas tank. I can't imagine draining a whole sump of a car with it. Also, I imagine it would take a really long time, and I'm not sure how it would do with the viscosity of the oil.

These are made for filling the gas tank of radio controlled cars and planes. For what it does, it is a really nice little pump.

My mityvac 7400 quit working after a few years. The seals have gone bad in the pump tube and Mityvac does not offer any replacement parts for the pump tube.

Right now I'm using a Pela 14K extractor. So far so good, but I've only had it for about a year.

Aunt found mechanic to drop pan, clean solenoid, and throw used trans out of wrecked car for $400 max (and into hers if fluid/pan/solenoid clean doesnt do it. Probably will though.) Her "shifter solenoid" is in the pan. Focus Forums are amazing. Not that im touching it anymore.

Actually i found the guy while shopping for the part, but. I hope they hit it off.
lol.gif

I topped off oil.. and thats all ill do. lol

hey Jim 5. i totally forgot that the pump i listed pumps fine for my small cars, but takes much longer for a big system. i just didnt think about sizes.

Today I finally tried my Summit Racing special fluid extractor pump from their relocater kit. It did the power steering fluid in breeze. I had done turkey baster method in the past. But this 12V pump was a blast and sucked the fluid from the reservoir in few seconds.

Then I did the brake fluid. BAD IDEA! Once the fluid entered the pump, that was it. It lost its suction. Looks like the brake fluid is not compatible with the insides of the pump.

I then tried to use it on the power steering fluid and it was now broken.

I then primed the pump with the power steering fluid and it was then able to work. At least I moved the used power steering fluid from one container to another just for grins.

I hated the clear vinyl tubing which came with the pump. It is not very flexible. I wish it had come with 5/16" ID silicone tubing. I might have to purchase it on ebay as most of the local hardware and auto parts store do not carry in that size.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPE-5971/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back