Best filter for 2021 GMC Canyon elevation V6

I have a 2021 GMC Canyon Elevation V6 and had one oil change by the dealer. Now I will do it myself. I plan to use Mobil1 5-30 and am wondering about what filter to use. I'm told that the stock AC Delco is good. I plan 5,000 mile changes as I was told by a few because of the cam chain and phasers. Any thoughts?

Order yourself a case of ACDelcos. That'll get you through the drivetrain warranty period, then switch to whatever aftermarket filter you like.

That engine uses those cartridge filters if I'm not mistaken unlike the 3.6 in the other gm vehicles like the traverse and xt6 which use a can instead. And for 5k intervals literally any of them will be fine.

Pretty sure I've seen ac delco cartridge filters at my Walmart so you'll probably find them there and i don't know if there's a Fram or Supertech equivalent. If there were and for less I'd use it because again 5k is nothing and you might as well buy the cheaper one or leave it in there for another go.

I use a small undersized orange can on my 6.0 gas and still went 14k on it once. Cut it open before i joined and it looked just fine. Pretty sure more than 5k is doable.

Wix 57674.
1642100391463.jpg

The OEM AcDelco PF2257G is actually a Hengst made filter, which is well constructed. Stick with oem, MANN, Mahle, or Wix as mentioned above and you'll be good. you can get the Ac Delcos in a pack of 12 on rock auto for 4.10 each right now.

Back