Best Easily Available Oil To Replace Amsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to start using a different oil. I have been using Amsoil exclusively for a couple of years now. I am not happy with the way my warehouse has been treating me. So, I want to support a different company. I think I am going to switch to Mobil 1 products. But, I am open to suggestions and discussion. This is solely to help me decide what would work best for my applications. Both oil and ATF.

Me,it`s dino oil all the way in the engine,but synthetics definitely rock when it comes to the tranny and rear diff. If I had your car,I`d run either Pennzoil yb or Valvoline wb. My friend`s Altima is nearing the 300k mark and it`s had nothing but Pennzoil yb 10W30 since brand new. Car still runs like it just came off the assembly line. Looking into the oil fill hole,the camshaft is mirror clean. Plus,look through all the UOA`s on this site. I search and read through them whenever I get the chance so I can educate myself on what they mean. Pennzoil yb UOA`s are the best I`ve seen,plus engines seem to run unbelievable smooth on that stuff!

Originally Posted By: Cooper
I am looking to start using a different oil. I have been using Amsoil exclusively for a couple of years now. I am not happy with the way my warehouse has been treating me. So, I want to support a different company. I think I am going to switch to Mobil 1 products. But, I am open to suggestions and discussion. This is solely to help me decide what would work best for my applications. Both oil and ATF.

For extended drains? What interval?

If looking for an extended drain oil that can do more than 10k guaranteed, your options are few - M1 EP or the new Castrol 'Edge'.

If you are doing drains less than 10k, any synthetic will do; but PP and Valvoline Synpower are two of the favoured ones on here.

You might want to try dealing with one of the site sponsor dealers, who get very high marks.

Otherwise, M1 and PP have gotten the highest marks, with some swearing by redline, valvoline and also some of the european brands.

For ATF in the honda, I'd only use Honda ATF. Depending upon the spec for the Nissan, Id likely use either OEM fluid or Dexron VI - probably pennzoil made.

It does help to vent good ad bad experiences. Might want to explain your issues - someone, even a site sponsor may be able to assist.

though I am compulsive online shopper, for some reason I buy most of my oils at B&M stores,
I have dealt with mobil and shaeffer and give both 100 in customer service.
if u go local, any of the syn products at wally's would be fine for shorter oci (comp to amsoil)

Long story short. I have had some rude folks at the warehouse. They put texting and cell phone calls in front of the customer. I don't have any problems with my dealer. Just always have issues when picking up at the warehouse. It is making me think it is just more convenient to pick up some Mobil 1 from AA, AZ, or WM.

Try these site sponsors for Amsoil. They seem like pretty good guys. My Honda "seems" to prefer PP to M1. Use only Honda ATF in your Honda.

Well, I have been using Amsoil ATF in my Honda for some time now. I don't think I will go back to Z1. I do like the Amsoil ATF.

If you've got a Schaeffer dist. ctr nearby, then you should consider their ATF. I think they've arguably mastered the gear box lubricant. While you're there you can pick up some of their 9000 line (full synth) for the engine.

Long story short. I have had some rude folks at the warehouse. They put texting and cell phone calls in front of the customer. I don't have any problems with my dealer. Just always have issues when picking up at the warehouse. It is making me think it is just more convenient to pick up some Mobil 1 from AA, AZ, or WM.

It seems hard to beat M1 0W-30 at Walmart for $22.00 in a 5 quart container. Should go 10K miles, but you could also use 5W-30 EP for $26.00 which is guaranteed for 15K miles.

If you go with 0W-30 or 0W-20 AFE products, there is $10 rebate available right now (2 per household) at this website:
http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/MotorO...Conditions.aspx

Long story short. I have had some rude folks at the warehouse. They put texting and cell phone calls in front of the customer.

I went through the line at some store a while back, and the cashier was actually yacking on the cell phone while ringing people up. Customer service in this country is in a sad state.

John

Originally Posted By: John_K
Long story short. I have had some rude folks at the warehouse. They put texting and cell phone calls in front of the customer.

I went through the line at some store a while back, and the cashier was actually yacking on the cell phone while ringing people up. Customer service in this country is in a sad state.

John

That's why places like Walmart have self-checkout at many stores these days.

I hate it when standing in line a grocery store (there is one close to where I live that does not have self-checkout) and the clerks start talking to the person who are they are checking out and end up having an extended conversation with them. I am sure that they think they are just being friendly to customers, but I really can't stand it when that happens. Replace all the clerks with self check-out.

For Japanese cars...i really like PP for it. From all the UOAs ive read..it seems that Japanese cars like PP alot.

If you want Mobil 1...then Mobil 1 EP is my next choice.

Royal Purple is right up there too.

I have the Mobil 1 5w20 in the Ody right now. Changed it on the fly for a trip over the Memorial weekend. I like the way it feels so far...it isn't too noisy or anything like I have heard. I may run that for lets say 5k and then maybe put in the 5w20 EP Mobil 1. We will see..... I like the way the add pack looks in the EP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back