Best Dyno Oil Avaiable (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we include all brands of full petroleum group 1 and 2 oils what ranks up there for wear, sludge prevention, extended drains etc. Was Kendall excluded from the last because it is good but hard to find? Can we split this into moly's and non moly oils. Is anyone here comparing dyno to dyno oil analysis or just syn to syn and dyno to syn?

Oops sorry, I meant "Dino" like Dinosaur fossil fuel type. Guess I had Dynomometer on the mind

Haven't used Dino in years but I had to recently when I changed the girlfriend's car. I went with Pennzoil b/c it's group II+, has a decent additive package, and a little moly.

Fordhead,

offtopic.gif

Did you guys get any nasty stuff from the latest weather system? Friend of mine in Cabool says it got pretty nasty.

Would it help to narrow the best oil based on engine type? For instance, what is the best dino oil for small, high revving, engines? Castrol GTX? Or is the best dino oil best for all engine types?

tai,
We will never know because a small high revving car can be driven without a lead boot,,a big old motor that loafs along at 1700 RPM on Interstate with a say 6 quart system can be run very hard if wanted. Emmission designs to include cam timing that drops emissions and in turn creates cylinder head heat all come into play and more,,so the best oil is still the one that works best in a given engine with it's owners driving styles imo.

I am fond of Phillips and Conoco oils ,,a bit of the old buy American in me
wink.gif
and the fact they are working good through anaylisis

[ December 05, 2002, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back