Best deals on 15w40 that anyone has seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bout time for my next oil change on my 2000 Powerstroke, and I was wondering if anyone has seen any deals on oil recently? I read a thread on there about Castrol Tection 15w40 bring on clearance at Walmart but the two nearest me didn't seem to have any.

Normally I'm a Rotella or Motorcraft 15w40 user, my truck seems happy with either of them. But if i can find some other good oil for an even better price I'm game to give it a shot. Bout the best deal I have come across so far is a printable coupon from Pep Boys for $10 off a $30 purchase. Since it seems HDEO runs about $10 a gallon here (give or take) I figure that 3 gallons for ~$20 after that coupon is not a bad deal. I need to roll to my local Pep Boys and see if they carry the nice Motorcraft 5qt jugs, wallymart had them at $11.27 yesterday, but I held off since I was in hopes of finding that Castrol mentioned before at an even better price :-( Alas I did not.

So any input on 15w40 deals? Thanks

I picked up some at WalMart in December for 50 cents a quart but you can't have it!
banana2.gif
happy2.gif

John

Hmmm I didn't see the Supertech 15w40 in anything other than 1qt sizes when I was there yesterday. I might have to Call around and see if any of the walmart's a little further away from my house carry these 2gal jugs. $6 and change a gallon is not bad.

Mobil Delvac has a $3/gal rebate going on through the end of April - up to 12 gallons allowed. Rebate form is on mobildelvac.com

The Mobil Delvac Rebate is a great deal...about a week ago, I walked into local autozone. I know the mgr pretty well... He asked me if I used Delvac in my 7.3L. He began to show me 2 cases that was shipped smashed. The gal jugs were dented and smashed pretty good, but no leakers... He sold me the 2 cases @ $7.00 a gal... do the math!!! $3.00 rebate= $4.00 a gal. For very good HDD 15w-40.

I'm thinking 3 gallons at a clip at pep boys using the $10 off $30 coupon, then get another $9 back from the Delvac rebate. $3 and change a gallon is not a bad steal.

i just might have to stock up on 12 gallons :)

So it seems that the Walmart 2 gallon jugs at ~$13 or the Delvac 1300 at Pepboys around $3-$4 a gallon are my best bets right now.

Last edited:
SyN - I am reporting you to the PoPo, because you STOLE that Delvac for $4/gallon! Admittedly, that's not a "normal" deal, though.

I'd have to say the Delvac rebate offer is the best one of recent memory, from a corporate sales mindset.

However, I've heard that WallyWorld has been dumping some Tection Extra gallon jugs recently, for about $5, so who knows?

The bargins on good quality oils are out there, if you're diligent enough to find them.

Well for me today, it's Delvac 1300, 12.59/gallon at Meijer, but minus 10% because I used my Meijer credit card, so at checkout it's 11.33/gallon, then take off the 3/gallon for the Mobil rebate. Delvac for 8.33/gallon? Sign me up
cool.gif

Well I snagged 8 gallons of Delvac 1300 at two local PepBoys. First one only had gallon jugs, and they had recently upped the price from $11.99 to $13.99, but they forgot to remove the $11.99 sticker. So 3 gallons at $9.35 with tax before rebate. 2nd pepboys had the 5 gallon pail for $49.99, so I grabbed that and used another $10 of $30 coupon, for $8.63 a gallon with tax. After buying it I realized I would have been better off buying 2 5gallon pails, but oh well.

So before rebate I have an average price of $8.91 a gallon with tax. With rebate my price per gallon drops to $5.91. Can't really beat that kind of deal.

Wal-mart always seems to have the best prices around here for the 5 quart jug of 15w-40 Motorcraft or the 1 Gallon jug of Rotella and it's "ALWAYS" the same price which is usually better than everybody else's regular price or close to anybody else's sale price. They also have the "Motorcraft Powerstroke" filters at a more reasonable price than anybody else. Around here (Burlington NC) O'Reilly's Auto Parts has a low price guarantee which only means they will match the low price of wal-marts, but if you don't like the crowd at Wal-mart and prefer the customer service you get at O'Reilly's then that's a good alternative to "Wally World."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back