Best Current Deal for Honda Accord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Honda Accord is in need of tires in the next few weeks.

I'm hoping some members can point me in the right direction regarding the new tires.

I would like an all season tire that does well in the winter months and provides a smooth and quiet ride.

Any good rebates/deals out there?

Size: 225/50-17

Thanks!

General RT43 seems to be getting pretty good reviews on here. Check out the related thread just a little down the page.

$111 each from TireRack. I'm sure some local joint can price match it.

Stay with in the top 6 tires listed on the Tire Rack customer reviews narrowing down your choices to fit your criteria and specific winter needs.

I have/had 3 of the top 6 tires and can attest to these 3:

*Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S +
*General AltiMAX RT43
**G/Y Assurance Comfortred(G/Y ACT).

All do well in the snow of NY State and Pennsylvania w/excellent traction and stopping ability. All ride comfortable & quietly. Each handle slightly differently depending on what you're used to. And MPG seems unaffected with any of the 3 tires. Hydroplaning resistance is GREAT with any of them that I've used.

All are fine tires! If I had to do it all over again, I'd "almost" be confused as which order I'd put'em in as they were on different vehicles w/different sizes.

* Currently have

** Replaced recently

Last edited:
Based on price for (reported) performance, I'd say the General RT43 would be hard to beat. Check out Discount Tire Direct as well since they have free shipping.

Originally Posted By: rhhsiao
Based on price for (reported) performance, I'd say the General RT43 would be hard to beat. Check out Discount Tire Direct as well since they have free shipping.

I would agree that the RT43's are hard to beat for the money! I myself, have only had our RT43's since August so, the jury is still out on their longevity & lasting performance.

Though, they are performing very well thus far in terms of...quiet, ride quality/road imperfection absorption, highway tracking, handling/cornering, hydroplaning resistance and so far, snow/slush/ice performance.

Will the RT43's last? Or will their performance diminish rapidly?...even if the tread last a long time. IDK but, I hope so. This will certainly make them a good bang of the buck!
smile.gif

Last edited:
In addition to my above comment^^^. My RT43's are "T" speed rated, not "H" or "V" speed rated so, there will definitely be some major differences in tire reviews with the higher speed rated RT43's.

Thank you all for your help, especially Char Baby. The General RT43 seem to have solid reviews from those with the tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back