best conventional oil for my new Nissan Sentra??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a 2003 Nissan Sentra LE 2.5, with 165hp. Im nearing 1000 miles and I
would like to put the best quality connventional oil in it. I drive very conservatively in the
surburbs of central nj.
I will than do changes very 3750 miles, as Nissan recommends.

Thank You

Make sure they have the SL rating and you probably can't go wrong with that drain interval. Heres a couple brands that do pretty well but I'm sure there are many more:

Chevron Supreme
Castrol GTX

welcome.gif

Castrol GTX, Pennzoil, and Chevron seem to be recommended most here. I think Phillips Trop/Artic posted some good numbers to by one member. Follow owners manual for weight to be used.

yeah, my friend told me that as long as you change the oil every 3750 miles FAITHFULLY all
the time, its doesnt matter at all what brand you use!
Is that true!

It pretty much is true. At short intervals like that you'll get very similar results from any conventional SL oil. Enough for the engine to last to 150k without any oil related problems at least.

"yeah, my friend told me that as long as you change the oil every 3750 miles FAITHFULLY all
the time, its doesnt matter at all what brand you use! Is that true! "

True. The high power densities of the Nissan's 4-cylinders coupled with the small sump capacity makes the Nissan's tough on oil. The 3750 drain interval IS the recommended drain interval for the petro's AND the synthetics alikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back