BEST CHOICES FOR HYUNDAI SANTA FE THETA II 2.4 GDI

Polyester is not plastic. Plastic is a general term and there are many kinds of plastics.

Polyester is in a lot of things from clothing to carpets and a whole bunch more. There are different kinds of polyesters.

Polymers are molecular as I understand it. Most car waxes contain polymers. There are different kinds of those too.

Using the term plastic is misleading.

Polyester is not plastic. Plastic is a general term and there are many kinds of plastics.

Polyester is in a lot of things from clothing to carpets and a whole bunch more. There are different kinds of polyesters.

Polymers are molecular as I understand it. Most car waxes contain polymers. There are different kinds of those too.

Using the term plastic is misleading.
I'm sorry, my mistake. What would you say filters better, the polyester media in the Purolator BOSS filters or the spun micro-glass found in FRAM Ultra, Royal Purple, and others? Or do you think that at least they're close?

I'm sorry, my mistake. What would you say filters better, the polyester media in the Purolator BOSS filters or the spun micro-glass found in FRAM Ultra, Royal Purple, and others? Or do you think that at least they're close?

There are other members who can get into specifics on that. I have no preference on any of those as I use Roki filters.

Something else, First Brands owns Fram now as well as Champ Labs. Mann & Hummel own Purolator, Wix and others. So between those two corporations that accounts for probably 90% of the oil filters on the market. Brands are just names on filters

With that said, the Fram Ultra is the favorite here.

*Another CAFE based 5W20 oil suggestion by the Hyundai / Kia factories ... If you go to a Hyundai / Kia dealer for an oil change you will not get 5W20 weight oil - instead you will get 5W30 weight oil to help with rod bearing issues (although Hyundai and Kia both say it is for "streamlining oil inventory)" .
How much difference do you think a couple of Cst's at operating temperature make? Oil weights are not here to cover manufacturing deficiencies and I highly doubt there is any difference between a 20 and 30 weight...

Just don't buy the cars...

IMG-4142.jpg

How much difference do you think a couple of Cst's at operating temperature make? Oil weights are not here to cover manufacturing deficiencies and I highly doubt there is any difference between a 20 and 30 weight...

Just don't buy the cars...
It's a much greater difference between fuel diluted motor oil that is 5 cSt vs 9 cSt at operating temperature than 9 cSt vs 13 cSt. And you're right, there isn't much difference between ILSAC 5w-20 vs 5w-30 motor oils. Keep in mind that people buy what they can afford, where they get approved for financing.

It's a much greater difference between fuel diluted motor oil that is 5 cSt vs 9 cSt at operating temperature than 9 cSt vs 13 cSt. And you're right, there isn't much difference between ILSAC 5w-20 vs 5w-30 motor oils. Keep in mind that people buy what they can afford, where they get approved for financing.

Where are you getting your numbers from as far as 5 vs. 9?

There isn't that much of a price difference and other than the manufacturer backed lenders with the incentivized rates, they all pretty much use the "same banks"...

Back