Best car you ever had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats easy, 2002 Toyota Tundra V8.

2nd best is my 1993 Jeep Cherokee 4.0.

3rd 1979 Mustang 5.0.

Last edited:
1985 VW Golf Diesel

Purchased for $1450 in 1994. Received $1200 from insurance company of the lady that pulled out in front of me in 1999. Had the clutch replaced by a shop in that time and did the rest of the maintenance myself.

Needed glow plugs when I first bought it so I had to crank it until it warmed up enough to finally fire. This worked but produced an amazing volume of smoke that the friends I was living with at the time still occasionally laugh about.

No catalytic converter, no A/C, strangely enough it did have luxurious power steering. Something like 57 hp, which was more than I needed.

Last edited:
88 Lincoln Town Car..Had over 200K trouble free miles when sold.

2nd best was 99 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with Handling Package..Had almost 200K miles when sold..Was just as trouble free.

1985 Honda CRX SI

fast,engine would not die, had over 300,000 on it last time I heard. Only paid 5,000 for it new...never had one single problem.

My 2000 Ford Focus. Other than the intial recalls, which were handled in one service visit, totally trouble free. Ooops, forgot the $41 valve cover gasket repair. Plus it was a hoot to drive.

It's a tough choice between my two Rangers and my Explorer. They all were/are good for different reasons. My current truck is probably the best all around daily driver...more comfortable than the old Ranger with better handling and far better fuel economy than the Explorer.

2004 Vue with the Honda 3.5L V6. I was thinking about how many little things go wrong with the little Saturns and how few things went wrong with the Vue. Sure the recall happened and a door weatherstrip was needed, but after driving it for 1,200 miles, I realized how nice a vehicle it is as I haven't needed to dive under the hood every 10K to fix something.

So far.

Thank GOD!

'86 CHEVY Nova ( Corolla , 1.6 ltr. ) 4 door liftback with 3 speed automatic . 270,000 plus miles before it bit the dust . Used it for 2 motor routes . One was daily all year covering an average of 100 miles a day and the other was 1 day every weekend that covered about 110 miles . Used for regular driving as well . Tranny was smooth as silk . Burned oil like a locomotive in the end . Used PENNZOIL 10w-30 in summer and 5w-30 in colder months along with FRAM oil filters . VALVOLINE on occasion . Also used SLICK for engine and tranny every 35,000 miles or so . Had to use 15w-40 or 20w-50 towards the end . Poor thing . :- (

1995 Dodge Neon - believe it or not. Got is new when I was 16. Ran it until it had 182k miles on it and sold it for $800.

I am still amazed at all of the original parts it had on it.

Probably my current Buick LeSabre. It hauls lots of stuff, gets decent mileage, and is pretty reliable. The one fault that left me needing a tow was due to owner error (forgot to tighten the battery terminals enough after installing a headlight harness, d'oh!).

1988 Toyota 4x4 Pickup, 22RE engine. Drove it across the country twice....in the winter. Excellent little truck and looked sharp too. Sure miss that one.

2007 Mazda MX5 Miata. Single BEST handling and balanced vehicle I've ever owned. Fantastic feeling of fun and freedom that reminded me of my motorcycle days. Had to get rid of it due to a financial responsibility. I miss it nearly every day.

1987 Mustang GT. Would take whatever I threw at it, including my foot up its [censored] most of the time, and the engine is STILL going with 300,000Km on it now.

Close runner up is my old '97 Explorer, now owned by my sister. Another vehicle that would just TAKE the abuse and reliable as death. It has never left either of us stranded; it has never needed as much as a boost, let alone a tow truck. Currently has 307,000Km on it.

My favorite was a candy apple red 1970 Camaro w/black vinyl top. Had it in high school beautiful in/out and it drove tight. Wish I still had that thing.

2nd favorite was a car i purchased brand new...1987 IROC Z28 with the 5.7 in it. Black with t-tops gold lettering and rims. [censored] fast for its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back