Best Canadian M1 0W-40 price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of us get M1 0W-40 at Cdn Tire when it's on sale for about $8.39/L.
But it can be had cheaper if you buy a 6L case from an Imperial Oil depot.
For example, NOCO Lubricants which has locations in Toronto, Ottawa, Belleville and Renfrew
will sell it for $44.58/6L case which works out to $7.43/L. That's their everyday price.
That's there "small quantity" price which one has to ask for.
Even lower prices are available for very large orders.

Another discount trick when M1 is on sale at Cdn Tire, is to check to see if the same sale price isn't on offer a Parts Source. If it's not, and it usually isn't, buy the oil from Parts Source instead as they will match the sale price plus give you a further 10% discount for your trouble.
Doing that will get you close to the NOCO price.

Thanks Nick and there are occasionally even better deals than that. Being less than an hour from the border, last year picked up M1 0W-40 for $29.95/5qts incl M1 oil filter at AZ.

But for most of us it's not worth making the trip to save only $1.50/bottle unless you're already States side for other reasons.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
If you can get over the border, Wal-Mart has it in 5QT/L jugs at $22.47USD...

WOW....That's less than 2L here at tegular CTC prices. I'll have to check on an independent distributor, apparently there isn't an Esso depot in town.

The Imperial Oil distributors pretty much slaughter Walmart's "everyday low prices." On occasion, Walmart or CT will have a nice sale. However, WM doesn't carry a lot of XOM products up here except Mobil 1 anyhow.

One of these times I'll have to see what they want for the jugs of M1 and Mobil conventional (obviously in the grades in which those are sold up here). For a nice apples to apples comparison, though, look at M1 5w-40 TDT at WM versus Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 at the distributor. The former is almost double the price of the latter, and that should never be.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
If you can get over the border, Wal-Mart has it in 5QT/L jugs at $22.47USD...

Nickdfresh. I was at the Walmart in Niagara Falls New York a few
days ago. I didn't see the 0w40 or else I would of bought some.
I may go back and get the 0w30 for our 09 Saturn Vue for winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back