Best break in oil for 139cc Senci engine?

Diesel only oils have zinc in them. Bad for cats, that's why the bottle says not for gasoline engines. If no cat on your engine, then use whatever you please.
You can never go wrong using the best oils and fuels in any engine along with at least recommended weights and change intervals.
Look how long neglected stuff runs and runs.

Diesel only oils have zinc in them. Bad for cats, that's why the bottle says not for gasoline engines. If no cat on your engine, then use whatever you please.
You can never go wrong using the best oils and fuels in any engine along with at least recommended weights and change intervals.
Look how long neglected stuff runs and runs.
Actually it is the phosphorous in ZDDP that can poison the catalyst.

Screenshot_20220721-133304_Drive.jpg

Okay so this is what the manual says ...

Is 5W-30 Synthetic and 10W-40 Semi-Synthetic are the same at high temp as the chart suggests?

I have some 5W-30 Briggs synthetic oil on hand but I am afraid it will not survive the extreme weather in Israel summer.

Thinking of getting some 10W-40 Castrol Magnatec (Semi synthetic).

Honda says to change the oil on the new small engines after 5 hours of service. That seems like good advice for any small engine regardless of make.

I know you don't have a Honda engine, but this manual from Honda in 2021 states 5 hours for those interested:

What do you think about running for 30 minutes, full load, then changing the oil, and running the remining 4hr 30 mins before the final oil change? I presume the first 30 mins would have the most wear or is this a gradual 5 hr long process?

Okay so this is what the manual says ...

Is 5W-30 Synthetic and 10W-40 Semi-Synthetic are the same at high temp as the chart suggests?

I have some 5W-30 Briggs synthetic oil on hand but I am afraid it will not survive the extreme weather in Israel summer.

Thinking of getting some 10W-40 Castrol Magnatec (Semi synthetic).
In the USA, many people in the north use 5w-30 and 10w-30. In the south (Texas, Florida, etc) many people move up in grade to 5w-40, 10W-40 or 15w-40 or even 15w-50 in some cases where the summer is really hot and humid. As the temperature outside gets hotter, the air-cooled engines run hotter, so they want a thicker oil. Makes sense to me. 5w-40 and 15w-40 diesel oil is popular because it is good oil and is usually inexpensive compared to automotive oils.

Small engines will run on anything that is slippery. Based on your chart and that you said hot summer in Israel, I would run one of the 40 grades.

What do you think about running for 30 minutes, full load, then changing the oil, and running the remining 4hr 30 mins before the final oil change? I presume the first 30 mins would have the most wear or is this a gradual 5 hr long process?
On small engines, I change the oil early and often. I use an inexpensive oil and change it at 30mins, 1 hour, 5hr. No sense wasting expensive, long-life oil on these quick oil changes. Then, if there are any glittery break-in material visible in the used oil after 5 hrs, I'll change every 5-10 hours until the oil drains clear of glitter.

It's best to vary the load during break in. I used a portable electric heater and switched between Hi-Low-Off every 5 minutes or so. This was for the first 30 mins and 1 hour oil changes. After that, I just used it normally, let the generator do its thing and changed the oil every 5hrs or so until it drained clean.

Will I get more life out of the engine than the person that only did one 5hr break-in oil change? I don't know. Probably not a big difference, but I feel better that I changed the oil.

Back