Best Battery Brand?

There is a difference between 3 years and a 5 year prorated warranty. Try to find a 5 year prorated warranty. Meaning it will be replaced free within 3 years and prorated after that up to 5 years. Cost And location are very important for vehicle batteries.
Speaking of which, I haven't seen any more 3 years replacement 5 year prorated warranty anymore. Did a lawsuit happen and nobody does that anymore?

Interstate Batteries.

Not because they outperform any other but because they operate on conservative values.

Interstate Batteries® is a mission-driven company fueled by our Purpose (to glorify God) and guided by our Values:

• Love
  • Servant's Heart
  • Excellence
  • Courage
  • Community
  • Joy
  • Integrity
Don't listen to me. I'm a deplorable :(
Cardone has the same corp value but their rebuild products are junk. I think I can trust Interstate but I definitely won't trust Cardone.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen any more 3 years replacement 5 year prorated warranty anymore. Did a lawsuit happen and nobody does that anymore?
At least one of the big battery manufactures were bought out. Johnson Controls sold to Clarios. After that change I saw the better warranty, 5 yr prorated, no longer offered on the Wal-Mart Maxx batteries for example. That equals cost cutting & raising prices for the consumer.

"Clarios produces more than one third of the low voltage batteries in the entire automotive industry"

News article
https://cleantechnica.com/2019/05/0...ing-to-pivot-into-electric-vehicle-batteries/

Who is the maker of this?

Attachments

• 20230825_195547.jpg
    20230825_195547.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 69
I've been having good luck with Exide batteries and with ACDelco Gold AGM batteries. After 6 years I replace them even if they still appear to work well.

of all the brands I've owned - or came through my shop the longest lasting most reliable I have seen is Odyssey.

The TPPL style construction delivers the goods.
Odyssey and NorthStar, they are better because they have better case & better cells, built with better material
and the % of virgin lead is much higher!

You can't buy OE batteries later though or at least not in all cases. A Motorcraft or Honda or Jeep battery from a dealer will usually just be a re-labeled battery from one of the big battery manufacturers, i.e. the same battery that can be bought at Autozone, Walmart, Interstate, etc.
Au contraire. AC Delco from a dealer not the same as AC Delco from a retailer, take your pick. I had two different batteries last nine years. My Saturn battery was replaced after one year. The dealer replacement lasted nine years. My Tempest battery gets a dual terminal. I worked for the dealer and got a discount. It lasted nine years. Dealer sells Delco professional and retailer sells Delco advantage.

Best value is the Walmart Everstart MAXX, they are good batteries and in general you can expect them to be reliable until the warranty period is up.

For reliability you would want to get a Odyssey.

Caterpillar makes some fantastic batteries but their price is very high.

If you want reliability you should buy one of those electronic battery testers that show you the cold cranking amps at the bad we actually has, and then check it on a regular basis, especially very often when it's getting near the end of its warranty, or is after it's warranty. All batteries were out eventually so it's good to have one of those checkers to really know what you've got by testing it once in awhile.

Clean connections are also very important.

Acceptance of recharging, notably when in a condition of lower charge (common in start/stop applications) is where this tech shines.

There's a European focus on the EFB products.
Yuasa reported 5 European and 6 Japanese sizes available. The website has European and Balkan regions.

Maybe the chemistry improvement is suited to delivery vehicles?

I upgraded my 2016 Honda CRV to a 24f Walmart EverStart MAXX at online rollback price of $88 plus tax with pick up at store September last year. It's still tests over a thousand CCA.

Attachments

• 20230916_212524.jpg
    20230916_212524.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 25
In my part of the world the most common batteries we see on Japanese vehicles are Yuasa and FB [Furukawa].They are both good but my choice is the Yuasa.I suspect Yuasa own one of the USA battery brands,you need to find out who it is.Their technology seems to be very good.Most of our aftermarket batteries in NZ are sourced from Korea or the Philippines.The modern Calcium batteries are a big improvement on the older Lead Acid types.
Yuasa is the Honda ATV battery supplier. They've gone from about $65 to $110ish over the last two years from my usual supplier.

I love Yuasa's, and wish we could get them (or Panasonic) here in the US.

I just wish we could get DRY batteries for auto batteries like you can with ATV batteries.

I tried to keep 2-3 Yuasas on the shelf at any given time. They could sit there for years and still be a "new" battery until you put the acid in, which is exactly what I've been doing.

I live in the middle of nowhere so I'd rather have an extra battery on hand than need one and have to make a drive or wait until Monday. That makes sense if you can store a dry battery. Not so much with one that is already "live"

At the moment I'm looking for a new battery for my Jeep CJ. I ran Optima Red Tops for years and years, and have one left in service.....from 2009. That said, the last two I bought in 2009 were both dead in under a year, and replaced under warranty, and only then did I find out they'd been bought out by JC and production moved to mexico.

Don't really want to spent Odyssey coin since I don't drive the Jeeps as much as I used to, and both of my Jeeps have 34/78's in them now with the winch cables on the top lugs and the rest of the vehicle hooked up to the side terminals, so I'm either going to have to redo my battery connections or find a good 34/78 somewhere.

Looks like no Everstart MAXX in 34/78, so the next best bet is the Duracell at the Sam's club 1.5 hours away.......

Yuasa is the Honda ATV battery supplier. They've gone from about $65 to $110ish over the last two years from my usual supplier.

I love Yuasa's, and wish we could get them (or Panasonic) here in the US.

I just wish we could get DRY batteries for auto batteries like you can with ATV batteries.

I tried to keep 2-3 Yuasas on the shelf at any given time. They could sit there for years and still be a "new" battery until you put the acid in, which is exactly what I've been doing.

Haven't seen a Yuasa car battery in decades. One was the factory battery in the 1989 Acura Integra RS that my parents bought for me to drive in college. It was white (where the liquid level was easy to see) and had removable caps.

Yuasa had some difficulties with 787 battery fires.

In its assessment, the NTSB report criticized the battery manufacturer for faults in production. Though fire destroyed much of the afflicted cell, investigators said they suspected that a defect was introduced during production, causing a short-circuit. The report called for GS Yuasa to improve quality control and to test its batteries under more severe conditions.​
NTSB also called out Boeing for assuming that an internal short-circuit within a battery would not cause a fire or affect other cells. This assumption meant that Boeing did not "incorporate design mitigations to limit the safety effects that could result in such a case," the report stated.​

On it's OEM battery on my European 2018
Mk4 Ford Focus 1.0 EcoBoost 125hp. It's still going strong and on my previous 2002 Focus that i sold in 2017 it had the OEM battery that was 15 years old, it still had good power when i sold the car in 2017. Manufacturer for the current OEM European Ford battery now is Varta. I don't remember what make it was on the old Focus but may believe it was also Varta. Here is a pictures from my 2018 Ford Focus.
IMG_20210301_110800.jpg

Last edited:
Back