Best bang for your buck scan tool in the $700-$1,000 range

I've heard good things about various autels I've also seen some ancels on Amazon. Not familiar with those at all but the pricing looks nice. What would be a good scan tool that covers all the common makes such as GM fca Ford vw Toyota Honda Hyundai etc. Things like bidirectional controls are important.

The Thinktool Pros was on sale this past weekend for $935. I had it in my cart but didn't buy. It's back to $1165 this morning. I hope it goes back on sale for black friday or some other promotion. I think that was the deal for such a capable tool.

launch and its clones are the most versatile and the hardware isn’t from 2011
all the Chinese scanners(Autel/Launch) use somewhat modern SoCs from Mediatek or Samsung(similar to an Amazon Fire TV/Echo Show, Galaxy Tab S series or a mid-range Android or non-Qualcomm Galaxy S phone) but are still stuck on Android ICS(5)/Jellybean(6)/KitKat(7)/Marshmallow(8) for some reason instead of the latest 10/11/12 builds. It might not matter but some are security-minded.

The Thinktool Pros was on sale this past weekend for $935. I had it in my cart but didn't buy. It's back to $1165 this morning. I hope it goes back on sale for black friday or some other promotion. I think that was the deal for such a capable tool.
I've had this scanner for about a year and it's been a good tool so far.

I have the Topdon Phoenix Lite 2. Have had it for less than a month so I haven't used it much yet. But, from what I see so far, it looks promising. From the few reviews out there so far, not a bad one yet. They're going for about $740 now and include 2 years of free updates.

Will the D7 allow to turn off Active Fuel Management on a `16 Suburban?

How about customizing `18 Toyota 4Runner setting for door locks, beeps and all that kinda stuff?

How about customizing `18 Toyota 4Runner setting for door locks, beeps and all that kinda stuff?
Try asking on amazon since the people who bought the D7 may have vehicles in question.
I haven't bought one yet, missed the sale.

Can’t speak for the first use case or for the D7. My ThinkDiag2 works with C-BEST on a 2019 Lexus RX just fine.

Back