Best bang for the buck oil now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is best bang for the buck for , dino, High Mile, and syn.

Here what I Think,

Dino: Quaker State under 10 dollar for 5 quart
High mile : Penzoil High miles under 14 dollar for 5 quart
Syn : Quaker State syn under 20 dollar for 5 quart.

What your ?
20.gif

Nice one, too bad it dont have 5w30 in gallon jug, any one know good rebate on oil now ?

Quote:
Dino: Quaker State under 10 dollar for 5 quart
High mile : Penzoil High miles under 14 dollar for 5 quart
Syn : Quaker State syn under 20 dollar for 5 quart.

+1

Best bang for bucks now that I've joined this site is to check out the sales and promotions area. Purchasing oil with rebate making syns < $3 a quart is the goal regardless of brand. Your list is a good one if one had to buy oil tonight. I could be wrong but there seemed to be a time wal-mart stocked only Motorcraft 5w-20 and there was no 5w-20 avaliable unless you stepped up to synthetics. Not so much the case now but lets say a year ago or more that would have made the MC a great choice for the 20 weight shoppers.

If you want to get into mixing Rotella 5w-40 with Motorcraft for a super blend at 3.75 a quart, well let me just stay in it myself :) (Had to figure something out as they are a 4 quart size)

I've got a farm and ranch chain near me that regularly sells TropArtic synthetic blend for $1.79 a quart. All tests I've seen shows it to be about the same as Motorcraft oil.
Yes, I've stocked up.

PepBoys always has something going on for an oil/filter special. Usually not too bad either! At one time or another, I've picked up PYB, VWB, GTX & PEAK all w/filters

Five qt. jug of Quaker State Ultra-premium Synthetic for $10 after rebate (Wally-World). Ten bucks for Castrol Edge at AAP with $15 rebate...

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Left over broken case oil.........I have quarts and quarts of the stuff. Might mean a little mixing in the cars, but the price to me is quite low.
48.gif

What? Pablo doesn't have Amsoil exclusively in all his cars?
48.gif

From what I hear, Motorcraft synthetic blend is great stuff at a low price. I have no firsthand experience but I wouldn't hesitate to try it though.

Originally Posted By: getnpsi

If you want to get into mixing Rotella 5w-40 with Motorcraft for a super blend at 3.75 a quart, well let me just stay in it myself :) (Had to figure something out as they are a 4 quart size)

If I mix Rotella 5w-40 with Motorcraft 5w-20 will it be a 5w-30?

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Right at this moment... 5 quarts of Valvoline with a Purolator Classic for $10 at Pep Boys.

Too good of a deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back