Best bang for the buck beam wiper blade set in both 28" and 14/13"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the Michelin blades that you're using a beam style or pressure point style?

For many years, decades in fact, I used nothing but Anco & Trico wiper blades(regular pressure point & winter style blades). I still see Trico at AAP but, you're right, I haven't seen Anco for some time. From a quick search, HD & WM carry them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Char Baby
Are the Michelin blades that you're using a beam style or pressure point style?

For many years, decades in fact, I used nothing but Anco & Trico wiper blades(regular pressure point & winter style blades). I still see Trico at AAP but, you're right, I haven't seen Anco for some time. From a quick search, HD & WM carry them.

Not sure which is which, but I would guess pressure point. What store is HD? I assume when you say WM, you mean Walmart? No Walmart I've been to over the last 2 or 3 years has had Anco blades...in fact, I haven't seen them in ANY stores for at least that long now...

HD is Home Depot & does show to have Anco wiper blades
Yes, WM is Walmart
Both my be online only, IDK!

Not that Anco doesn't make a good blade and indeed more than one kind however, I wouldn't search too hard trying to find Anco blades when there are so many good blades to choose from and are readily available.

If you can find Anco at a good price & availability, then sure! You do seem to have a soft spot for the brand. I am like that myself with certain brands/products.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pressure point blades - standard frame:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Michelin...0056f-a1d-166ab66237fa69&athena=true

Beam Blades - which is completely arched: [my personal favorite year'round]

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Michelin...d3d3a-13a-166ab6511032b0&athena=true

Hybrid - which seem to be a pressure point type with a hinged frame that bends more than does the standard pressure point type & closer in design to many OE:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Michelin...7f520-aa8-166ab671ad86ff&athena=true

Last edited:
I've tried many different blade brands and styles/models over the years and on different vehicles. What I've come to the conclusion is one wiper may work great on one vehicle but be okay or even pretty bad on a different vehicle. My wife's car currently has Ford/Motorcraft blades on it - it had them on it when we bought it and they work great. I figured I wasn't going to play that game of crossing my fingers and hoping the blades I buy would work well. On my G35, we were 2 hours from home the blades were due to be changed so I grabbed some Trico blades from Menards (a regional store like Lowes). I couldn't tell you what model they were until I look at their website and I'm guessing it's the "Sentry" blades. They were mid-range in price and it turns out that they work great.

I agree with you and it's like that sometime isn't it?

You gotta buy what works for ya. I've always said that to friends/family. If you like a product and it works for you, keep buying it. I'm also like this with tires & brakes. If you like what your vehicle has on them from the factory, buy'em again. Especially if you don't want to risk changing things to a different feel that you won't care for. And you'll never know until you spend all that money & time, only to find out differently.

I get it!
wink.gif

Last edited:
I decided to go with the NAPA Proformers, since they were cheaper. Also, YMMV, but I did find a sweet deal on Windex wipers at Sears. ALL sizes and types are clearanced for dirt cheap (prices not marked on the shelf, but are correct in their in-store system. Appears to be nearly sold out online). I picked up a 28/13 traditional wiper set for about $6 combined. Figured I'd use these in the ice and snow and save my good beams for spring. They work great on all 7 family vehicles so far except my Elantra. They absolutely will not lock onto the arms, even using the clips from the old wipers.
mad.gif
I'll figure it out somehow. Never had an issue with wipers. Makes me feel like a moron. I think the spacing on the wiper for the clip to slide through is too narrow and therefore won't fit correctly. Worst case the NAPAs fit great..

Thanks for all the input!

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Originally Posted by mclasser
I've had good luck with Rain-X Latitudes in the past, but I read some complaints about the new connector design .

I like the new connector.
e.g., the standard "J"hook can now be locked in and has less or no chance of coming loose after the wiper connector is snapped down. Undoing it for replacement later on can break a nail(Oh No!) so use a small screwdriver to lift up on the locking tab. Then remove as normal.

tony1679.
Again, this is where some folks like or even dislike the new Rain-X wiper clips. I like'em myself as it eliminates your particular issue.

Good luck.

CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back