best atv

Status
Not open for further replies.
My yamaha warrior has been the most reliable vehicle I've known. The raptor is better in every way but reliability isn't proven yet.

I love my '06 Suzuki Ozark for it's dependability and usefulness. My '07 Raptor 700 is an awesome fast XC race quad. But the best one I've ever owned is my '85 Yamaha Moto4 80, it's 24 years old and the engine's never been opened. It does require semi-annual valve adjustment, but otherwise runs like a fine Swiss watch...kinda sounds like one too.

The only ATV I've ever owned is my 2001 Suzuki Kingquad 300, its been good overall for working. It's not a sporty quad at all, more like a 4wd riding lawn mower with enough suspension travel to keep all four tires on the ground in woods. 3 range transfer case with 2wd, 4wd and 4wd front dif lock, gives you lots of options and the 3 speeds of reverse with the front dif lock make backing up hills or into the trailer easy. It uses 5 forward gears and a centrifical clutch that engages fully at a very slow walk in super low, 1st gear or reverse.

My old farmer neighbor also has a 90's 300 honda fourtrax, rock solid and probably could do 90% of the work my quad does, good all round machines for sure.

I have had a polaris sportsman in the past. I have had a Suzuki EIGER for the past 3 years its a simple no frills quad. Its the best.

Any ATV not made in China!!!!!!!! Don't waste your money on an off brand China POS! Stick with bikes made in the USA, Canada, Mexico(yes,I said it), and Japan. Can't remember where KTM's are made, Austria? Great bikes too.

Ridgerunner, ditto on the Chinese made ATV's.... However, the kids ATV's made in the Republic of China (Taiwan) are decent. Polaris 50 and 90cc kid's quads are made there and are of decent quality. These same ATV's (rebranded Polaris) are sold at Sam's/Walmart online at 1/2 price compared to Polaris dealerships.

My favorite is the 2006+ Yamaha Wolverine. It is fast, has 4wd, racks mount on it, plus it is small enougth to ride on tight trails and fit in the back of a compact truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back