Best API Grp IV+ Synthetic Oil for a '13 Jeep 3.6L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with 5W20 in engines that require it. I ran it in our Hyundais and they ran as well when sold as new. We would have kept than but they were as dull as can be,

One thing to point out (and forgive me if someone else did) is that no Mobil oils meet Chrysler spec, with the exception of Mobil Super, which I believe is a hydrocracked Type 3.

Seeing as how we have Fiats, I have to watch for oils meeting Chrysler spec too and am between choosing Royal Purple, PU or possibly Amsoil. We have to use 5W30 however.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HyundaiGuy

One thing to point out (and forgive me if someone else did) is that no Mobil oils meet Chrysler spec, with the exception of Mobil Super, which I believe is a hydrocracked Type 3.

I am no Mobil fan but to be fair to them your statement is not accurate. It isn't that their oils do not "meet" Chrysler MS6395 it is that they are not "certified" to the standard. Two very different things. I would bet a lot of cash that any Mobil oil meets MS6395 performance wise. It is not some super hard standard to meet spec wise.

The issue is Chrysler's asanine multi year testing procedure to get an oil certified now. Oil companies should tell them to go take a long walk off a short peir IMO sort of like many have with GM and Dexos certifications.

I "AM" a MOPAR guy and I think Chrysler's MS6395 certification process is a joke. Especially since they tweak that standard every other year or so.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with 5W20 in engines that require it. I ran it in our Hyundais and they ran as well when sold as new. We would have kept than but they were as dull as can be,

Seeing as how we have Fiats, I have to watch for oils meeting Chrysler spec too and am between choosing Royal Purple, PU or possibly Amsoil. We have to use 5W30 however.

Hi,

How do like your Fiat 500's?

I tried one once, when I had to rent a car, and it wasn't bad to drive. I'd like to see how it does long term though.

Last summer I went and bought a Mini Cooper S Turbo, and so far I love it. I've already upgraded it w/the JCW Performance Kit, which includes a Software upgrade, Intake, and Exhaust system. I'm getting over 40 mpg w/it, when I'm easy on/the throttle.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

I am no Mobil fan but to be fair to them your statement is not accurate. It isn't that their oils do not "meet" Chrysler MS6395 it is that they are not "certified" to the standard. Two very different things. I would bet a lot of cash that any Mobil oil meets MS6395 performance wise. It is not some super hard standard to meet spec wise.

The issue is Chrysler's asanine multi year testing procedure to get an oil certified now. Oil companies should tell them to go take a long walk off a short peir IMO sort of like many have with GM and Dexos certifications.

I "AM" a MOPAR guy and I think Chrysler's MS6395 certification process is a joke. Especially since they tweak that standard every other year or so.

XM choses not to certify the Chrysler spec. but M1 does meet it. The Chrysler spec takes like two years to get(aren't they special)so XM won't invest the time or cost to do it. Per Mobil tech. Go with M1 0-20 and you will like it.

Here is a link splaining this.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Car_Care/AskMobil/Mobil_1_and_Chrysler_MS-6395.aspx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back