Best Aftermarket Lugnuts Toyota Tacoma

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the best brand aftermarket lugnuts at reasonable cost for a Tacoma 4x4 truck that uses the TRD Offroad alloy rims should be m12x1.5 MAG style. I do not wish to purchase the Toyota OEM lugnuts which are $6 a piece, im trying to find a better price on EBAY or AMAZON that have good quality.

Second McGard. On a few Landcruisers here, and they look like OE after years of heavy hammering.

Don't buy White Knight if you live where rust is possible. These are two years old.

80F0E96E-11AD-409F-81D8-C37F672F5706.jpeg

Originally Posted by Randy_R
McGard. Made in Orchard Park, NY. Summit might be your best bet even if you have to pay shipping.

Originally Posted by Y_K
Second McGard. On a few Landcruisers here, and they look like OE after years of heavy hammering.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

31.gif

I HATE those stupid wheel locks! You always lose the key, and they don't work anyway
mad.gif

All you have to do is hammer on a socket one size smaller and hammer it on
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Y_K

I just tried to purchase some for mine and it says:

Notes for: 1997 Lexus LX450
Not for use on OEM wheels.

What's that all about ???

We talking lug nuts, not wheel locks.
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
McGard. Made in Orchard Park, NY. Summit might be your best bet even if you have to pay shipping.

Originally Posted by Y_K

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

31.gif

I HATE those stupid wheel locks! You always lose the key, and they don't work anyway
mad.gif

All you have to do is hammer on a socket one size smaller and hammer it on
lol.gif

Originally Posted by CELICA_XX
Originally Posted by Y_K

I just tried to purchase some for mine and it says:

Notes for: 1997 Lexus LX450
Not for use on OEM wheels.

What's that all about ???

Sounds like they have a different seat shape than the OE, which is often the case. They will fit the studs, just won't seat correctly on the OE wheels.

We talking lug nuts, not wheel locks.

oh, ok

I didn't know they made regular lug nuts. I thought they only made wheel locks, sorry

Originally Posted by Y_K
i looked on McGard site theres nothing that matches up for the specs I need m12X1.5 MAG STYLE

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jrvn
Originally Posted by Y_K
i looked on McGard site theres nothing that matches up for the specs I need m12X1.5 MAG STYLE

Is the "shank" style the same as "MAG"? I suspect it is but not sure.

Originally Posted by jjjxlr8
Sounds like they have a different seat shape than the OE, which is often the case. They will fit the studs, just won't seat correctly on the OE wheels.

That seems to be quite common nowadays. I wonder if it's related to the multiple wheel options that any given year/model can have and possibly different lug designs so McGard can't determine the proper lug nut ?

You MUST get Toyota specific lug nuts with the attached washer. About the only choice is OE, or probably Dorman which won't be much if any cheaper. For cheap I would look for good used ones. Same with Honda's wheels. It might look like a regular lug nut, but it has a ball-seat instead of a 60 degree taper. They will not match the ball machined seat on the wheel. Some of the older Toyota lug nuts were chrome plated steel, instead of the stupid crimped on sheet metal covers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back