Best 15W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just phoned a place in Richmond Hill that sells Royal Purple (got their name from the RP website) and they want $12.95 per liter!!
shocked.gif

What about Pennzoil Long Life 15w40? There are some very nice virgin analysis of it here. Too bad there aren't any used analysis's of it. I'm considering using it this summer in my mostly autocrossed LT1 Camaro to clean up the varnish. Does anybody think it would be too thick for a chevy 350 V8? 30k miles on the engine but 8 years old.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I just phoned a place in Richmond Hill that sells Royal Purple (got their name from the RP website) and they want $12.95 per liter!!
shocked.gif

Yikes....are they nuts..????
were they pointing a gun a your head at the same time..!?!?!?!
shocked.gif

Geez ..it's almost worth the drive to Ottawa...
Go to the CDNtire auto desk and ask for the perfomance catalogue. RP has a section in it.
The clerc phones the distribitor, quotes you a price (8.60), and if you decide to buy (a case of 12), it arrives 3-4 in working days, Probably faster in your area...
Jean

Jean, I will probably do that. I'll wait to see my wife's initial RP results first though, before I decide to commit to buying a full case again (over $100 worth of oil!)

Rob, I think the LT1 engine would do well on a high 30 to low 40wt oil, but unfortunately the Pennzoil 15w40 is a thicker 40wt at 15.5 cst, so I think it might be too thick to offer the best protection for your engine. If you're gonna go 40wt, look for something on the lower end, 12.5 to 14.0 cst if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back