Best 0w20, 5w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pretty satisfied with the Redline 5w-20, great specs on it too. We just havent seen much on the Synergyn though it has a good reputation for a small producer, and I would put those two companies ahead of RP, but that's just my personal opinion. I wish we could get more Synergyn info on this board, I like their specs as well, looks like a good formulation. But I think Redline has the best product in that weight.

J.

i am very curiuos about Synergyn,Royal Purple....the reviews of rp ive seen have been good but just not enough info on Synergyn

Well, you didn't put it in, but I believe mobil 1 0w20 is the best 20 wt oil there is. Gives me great gas mileage and keeps my engine clean!!!!!

We haven't seen any UOAs on here from RP 5w20 as far as I can recall, unless you count the many UOAs where their 5w30 turns into a 5w20!
smile.gif

I ran Redline 5w20 for 5,000 miles in my mustang. I have no scientific reason for this, but I liked Amsoil 5w20 better. The Amsoil stayed cleaner longer and just seemed to make the 4.6 v-8 smoother. Currently I am breaking in my F-250 on Penzoil 5w20 for 2,500 oci's until about 7,500 miles, then I will decide if I want to stay with the penzoil or go full synthetic. So far I have been very happy with the penzoil.

I don't like Torco's numbers, but that's just me. The SR-5 is really a racing oil with a very low viscosity and TBN numbers. The SR-1 may be a better choice for the street, but might not be a true synthetic (doesn't claim to be 100% Group IV/V on their website).

I'm sure all of the above are excellent choices. Take a look at the UOA section, Mobil 1 0w-20 has been excellent.

I'm running plain old Quaker State 5W-20 in my Honda van...after 4000 miles it's still a nice "Honey Brown" color and everything seems in order. I think it's a sleeper oil!

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
We haven't seen any UOAs on here from RP 5w20 as far as I can recall, unless you count the many UOAs where their 5w30 turns into a 5w20!
smile.gif

Actually, there are two UOAs on RP 5w-20 in an '01 Explorer that were spectacular--posted by none other than Patman.
smile.gif

Hey guys if you do not see a weight you are interested in just ask the seller. Just because it is not listed does not mean it does not exsist. This is especialy the case with Redline!

cvl

Per Torco, They do not consider group lll oils as synthetics...hence Torco SR-1 IS a true synthetic..and the Torco choice for street use..not their racing oil sr-5

Thanks Tenderloin. I wasn't sure since they specifically list their SR-5 as "Group IV/V 100% Synthetic", but their SR-1 as simply "100% Synthetic."

I just checked the tech specs for their SR-1 5w-20 and it's the thinnest 20wt that I've ever seen. 7.31 at 100C! That's a huge difference from RL's 9.1. Not that it's necessarily bad, just very suprising.

[ December 30, 2003, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: cvl ]

quote:

Originally posted by Jay:

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
smile.gif

Actually, there are two UOAs on RP 5w-20 in an '01 Explorer that were spectacular--posted by none other than Patman.
smile.gif

Holy cow, I totally forgot about that UOA I found on another site and posted here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back