Berry Tart

Status
Not open for further replies.
A simple tart I like to make during the summer: - shortbread base (made from scratch, of course) - 1/2" layer of vanilla pudding/custard (scratch-made, too) on shortbread base - mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, marionberries, blackberries, strawberries -- whatever is available) - I don't like glazes, but use a scratch-made, slightly thinner and not sweet "jello" to hold the fruit together Preparation time: - I always have frozen portions of my shortbread dough in ziploc bags in my freezer; I let a bag with dough defrost in the fridge over night - putting the shortbread dough in the spring form, 5 minutes - baking the shortbread, 25 minutes - whipping up the custard and dumping it on the shortbread base, 3 minutes - piling up the berries, a minute or so - preparing and dumping over the berries the gelatin, 3 minutes - let the tart cool down an hour, then keep it in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving Time spent actually working: 11 minutes Then I go and do something manly like checking my oil or going bear hunting.

... or hiding rocks in Pablo's yard. Speaking of which... we really need a rock graemlin!

"hiding rocks in Pablo's yard" Yep, Pablo, your rock will live in infamy. I still would like to see that specimine put in a polisher and all gussied up.

No, but I found woodruff syrup by a US manufacturer. I used blackberry syrup in the gelatin for that tart, but you can also use just some fruit juice if you want to flavor the gelatin.

In disposition only - Yeah well it must have been the child birthing process - but she's still my berry tart. This thing about meek Asian women, I'm not sure who started that khrap.

Last weekend I made a blueberry and raspberry tart -- because I was out of strawberries. For some reason those few upside-down raspberries disturb me. Trust me, it tastes much better than it looks. Not too sweet either!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.